Has anyone painted their gas cap black?

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to paint or ceramic coat the entire gas cap assembly black.

Has anyone done this and how did it come out?

Is there a year that the FZ6 gas cap assembly came with a black assembly?

Last edited:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
good question I am starting the process of turning my bike into a naked SF and want to make it all white and black,black gas cap on white tank will look great!

Last edited:

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
A white tank with a black gas cap would look nice. I took the cap off hoping that it would be easy to disassemble, paint, and put back together but it looks complicated. Very complicated.

So much so, it looks like no one has attempted to paint it.

Easier yet would be to see if it was available from yamaha in black and find one on ebay.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman and (I believe) a couple of others have painting the ring around the gas cap black. I bought one of the non-locking ones off eBay for about $35 that's black and it works really well too (I got tired of having to remove the key from the ignition every time I got gas.)

Check Boneman's website, as I believe he has a writeup about it there. :thumbup:

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks kamloops for the r6 thread. Its been a while since Ive fired up the powdercoater. Ive needed a new t-oven and I can now see its under the tree for Xmas, my GF rocks.

The pics were great and will be sure to take my own as I go along, too many parts to lose.

Best part was, "Dont be a tool and drop it in the tank."

Does look nice blacked out ay.