what is still holding fairing on??

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fz.jpg

The green bits show where there is COMPLETE free play. I have taken off everything holding and connecting the fairing to the bike.

The RED circle is the area where there is still SOMETHING holding on. I have unscrewed the two screws connecting the speedometer on so that is flopping around (except for the single bolt that holds it to the frame underneath it). But the FAIRING is still holding on.

Ive got the mirrors and screen and everything off. every single area except the red area has free play and is completely loose. I have not disconnected any of the electrics or cables or lights, but I dont see any of them holding onto the fairing.

what gives??

(note green circles apply to both sides of bike and underneath the headlight there is free play and it is 100% loose too. )

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a metal arm that is connected to the frame with two bolts. If you look in between the forks (obviously under the fairing) you might be able to see it. Remove those two bolts and the arm should slide off and bring the rest of the fairing with it.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
partimage.gifx

I can see the metal bar that runs horizontally behind the fairing. that will come off then?

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Item 17 in the parts diagram..... there are two of them one above the other. When those bolts are removed, the whole fairing clip should come off as one piece. Item 15, and item 16, (2 each) mount the headlight assembly to the fairing bracket. You are probably 'stuck' on 15, if it feels like it's pivoting around a point near the instrument cluster.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a bracket with two bolts that you remove from the right side, on the front of the frame where the triple clamp neck goes through.

You can just see the bolt holes in the bracket on the right of this picture:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oooooh, I see. Its too late, cold, and dark to keep going tonight. I'll get it off tomorrow I'm sure.

Thanks!!

Now just to figure out what the hell to do with all the wiring glued/connected to fairing.....

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah but there's so bloody much of it!!

I'm sure ill find places to hide it when its all off tho.