Scorpion exhust

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

I'm looking for info pro's / con's of buying Scorpion slip on canisters for my bike.
I've heard what they sound like on u-tube and they sound nice.
Do I need to buy any other parts? I have the hotter cams from an R-6 in my bike.

Also which frame slidders are recommended?

Thanks for the info.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge:

Any modifications that would change or hinder the emissions system in place from the factory are illegal, Ex: gutting cat, removing cat, significantly modifying cat. It is legal to do anything that you want to the other parts of the exhaust as long as it doesnt effect the performance of the emissions system (cat). So this means you can put on headers, or a muffler system, but it must all pass through the factory placed cat.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I believe is correct.

Hope this helped.

As far as the scorpions, I have had no remorse from putting them on. They are an EXCELLENT addition to the FZ-6 as long as you dont mind wearing ear plugs on long trips lol. I'd highly reccomend them. I was very impressed with the quality of the cans when I got them, but then I realised how much I paid for a few pieces and realized they had better be high quality. After getting the scorps, I don't see the justification in paying over $500 for any exhaust for a motorcycle, unless, possibly, if it is a full system. You won't be disappointed.

mdierker

Reaction score
Visit site
o ya man there are no regrets to putting on those SS scorpions I love mine and I only have about 200mi on them right now cuz of this whore we call winter

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the laws vary from state to state.....in Florida it is illegal to modify the exhaust in anyway that makes it louder than stock.

but i never seen a harley guy pulled for open pipes.