Bike stuff in DC

kalli

In the middle of the pond
Reaction score
Visit site
hi.
This part of the forum has not been very active but I'm going to try posting here anyway.
I will soon be visiting the DC arera, staying close to Tysons corner..
Does anybody know if there are any good bike related shops there. We will be interested in both street and dirt stuff. We will be driving so we getting around will not be a problem

Thanks in advance.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
just a quick search on mapquest will answer your questions. I will tell you to stay away from the beltway if possible.
1. go to mapquest.com
2. enter the address where you are staying
3. at the top it will say "find places nearby" just type "motorcycle" and it will pull up all motorcycle related places near your starting address with their phone numbers and directions.
4. go buy some cool stuff! :thumbup:

kalli

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks madmanmaigret. This gave me plenty of places to check out.
You talk about the Beltway, Why? Excuse me if I sound stupid but I am not from the States.

:Sport:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hi.
This part of the forum has not been very active but I'm going to try posting here anyway.
I will soon be visiting the DC arera, staying close to Tysons corner..
Does anybody know if there are any good bike related shops there. We will be interested in both street and dirt stuff. We will be driving so we getting around will not be a problem

Thanks in advance.

I'm not from the D.C. area, however I've been to Tyson's Corner Virginia plenty of times. Nice shopping malls and generally a nice area. It's not too far from the Dulles Airport, one of three airports that serve the D.C. area. The "beltway" also known as I-495 which is the freeway/motorway that circles the D.C. area. You will most likely encounter it, it's one of the major arterials. Enjoy your stay in the states. What, not coming to Las Vegas? You can rent nice Nice Harleys and BMW motorcycles here.

kalli

Reaction score
Visit site
Vegas would be nice. Specially after the harsh winter we are dealing with here in the moment.
We are just dropping over for the Easter weekend. We have holidays here from Wednesday afternoon until Tuesday morning so we are just hopping over the pond for a long weekend.
We picked DC just because we got a cheap flight to Baltimore.

castle228

'07 Kobalt FZ1
Reaction score
Visit site
Ugh, I just had a whole bunch of information typed up in here and lost it! :mad::mad::mad: Let me try this again.

Tysons Corner has been my stomping grounds for 28 years. I use to live here, now I live out west by Dulles Airport but still work in downtown Tysons.

I can tell you anything and everything you need to know, where to go and where not to go.

For motorcycle related shops, there's 5 within about a 30 minute drive. If you're looking for particular items, I would recommend calling ahead. But if you're out to check the scenary, have at it. :rockon: (these shops are not listed in any particular order, but you can find them easily by searching using their name and city)

Champion Motorsports - Sterling, VA - About 20 minutes from Tysons. This is where I purchased my FZ1. The owner, Marie, is really nice. They have a small selection of street bikes, cruisers & ATV's. They have limited selection of gear including jackets, pants, leathers, helmets, etc.

RnR Cycles - Sterling, VA - About 25 minutes from Tysons. I know the owners of this shop personally, Rick & Rachel. They are both racers and know their stuff when it comes to race bikes, prepping them, local tracks, etc. They just started their shop a few months ago, so their on-site supply of accessories & gear is limited. But if you're looking for something in particular and they don't have it, they will get it for you. They're just down the road from Champion.

Coleman Powersports - Falls Church, VA- About 10 minutes from Tysons. This is the largest shop in the area. They have street bikes, cruisers, ATV's and watercraft. I personally have never been to this store to buy anything, but I use to visit it years ago when I was dreaming about buying my first bike. They will have the largest selection of gear in stock...helmets, jackets, pants, etc. I've never been a fan because I like to support the smaller shops in the area, RnR, Champion, Fast Lane, etc.

Fast Lane Cycles - Chantilly, VA - About 20 minutes from Tysons. This is a small shop that specializes in cruisers and sport bikes. I know the owner of this shop, Mike, pretty well too. He's got a small selection of gear, parts & accessories. He supports quite a few of the local racers, so when I can, I patronize his shop.

Loudoun Motorsports - Leesburg, VA - About 30 minutes from Tysons. This is one of the larger shops in the area. They have a good selection of street and dirt stuff. This is one of the larger shops, so if you're just shopping around, you may want to check them out. They also support quite a few local racers.

If you're looking for some suggestions on places of interest in the area let me know and maybe I can help. There's lots of history within a 1 hour drive. Everything from downtown DC and the national monuments to places west where lots of battles during the Civil War took place.

Last edited:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks madmanmaigret. This gave me plenty of places to check out.
You talk about the Beltway, Why? Excuse me if I sound stupid but I am not from the States.

:Sport:

The beltway as explained earlier is a main highway that encircles d.c. if you are on it any time near rush hour i hope you have plenty of time on your hands you will be there forever!