Another senseless loss

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RIP...this kind of thing irks me every time I see it in the local SD news, which is far too often.

Hit-and-run driver kills biker; woman arrested

SAN DIEGO: A motorcyclist died after he was struck by a hit-and-run driver on Interstate 8 yesterday and dragged under the vehicle, the California Highway Patrol said.

The victim was identified by the county Medical Examiner's Office as Eric Sean Enockson, 36, of San Diego.

The driver of a Chevrolet Astro van was going west on the freeway about 100 mph when she rear-ended the motorcycle about 2 a.m. near Sunset Cliffs Boulevard, the CHP said. The victim was caught underneath as the driver kept going.

Claudia Herrera, 27, of San Diego was later arrested by San Diego police on West Point Loma Boulevard. She was booked into the Las Colinas jail on suspicion of felony driving under the influence, hit-and-run driving and vehicular manslaughter.

— K.D.

Union-Tribune

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope they throw the book at her then publicize how she is getting 200 years in jail in every bar around the country.

I used to go out on the bike on weekends at night. Now I usually don't. Too many drunkards.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
RIP...this kind of thing irks me every time I see it in the local SD news, which is far too often.

Hit-and-run driver kills biker; woman arrested

SAN DIEGO: A motorcyclist died after he was struck by a hit-and-run driver on Interstate 8 yesterday and dragged under the vehicle, the California Highway Patrol said.

The driver of a Chevrolet Astro van was going west on the freeway about 100 mph when she rear-ended the motorcycle about 2 a.m. near Sunset Cliffs Boulevard, the CHP said. The victim was caught underneath as the driver kept going.

Terrible....

Nothing good happens at 2:00 am on a bike in a major city.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
RIP rider :(

Seems like there's been at least one hit and run on a motorcyclist each week. Sick of it!

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Really really terrible :(

Because of work I do all my daily rides at around 8pm-12am. Every time I stop at a traffic (especially outside of the city) I'm constantly looking at my mirrors and flashing my brake light. My biggest fear is the damn drunk cagers passed out behind the wheel. Really scary stuff.

And about being drunk and driving at 100mph ... Are you ****ing kidding me? It's bad enough that you are inconsiderate and dumb enough to DUI. But then driving at 100mph and not even trying to obey the damned speed limit makes this woman a true imbecile. That's just plain retarded. And on top of that she doesn't even stop but runs the guy over and drags him under her car ... OMFG :eek: I hope she rots in jail and then in hell ... and I'm not even religious.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
That's really unfortunate. This definitely "ruffles my feathers" if you will. I am always checking my mirrors out, and my surroundings. I also tend to keep it in 1st gear rather than neutral at stoplights for the same reason.

Sometimes I even think I overuse my rearviews - maybe I just think too much. But I am always very cautious about other drivers; Road conditions and skill level are a big concern for me, but other motorists always have my immediate and full attention because of their lack of predictability.

RIP rider