Finally finished monokoting my plane!

J

jsteinb95

I don't have any before pictures, but the plane was white with red, black and gray pin stripe. I stripped the white off a while ago and just got around to finishing the monokote.

I just spend like 15 minutes typing out the process of monokote and my effing computer is a pile of dog crap and had an error....I tried to copy the text, but it was too late! :eyebrow:

Anyways.....it's ALOT of work!

BTW, Sorry about this not having ANYTHING to do with bikes, but hey, it's my new hobby! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking good! i dont have the patience to layout or laydown monokote with mine, i usually have a buddy do my stuff. What size motor you going with?

J

jsteinb95

Nice looking good! i dont have the patience to layout or laydown monokote with mine, i usually have a buddy do my stuff. What size motor you going with?

I hear that alot! Alot of guys at the field know how to monokote, but just don't have the patience.

When I bought the plane, it came with a .25, but now a .46AX is in it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet looking flyer! Can't wait to see some video of it!

Nice work! Makes me want to try something like this too.

J

jsteinb95

Sweet looking flyer! Can't wait to see some video of it!

Nice work! Makes me want to try something like this too.

Thanks Eric! :)

I'll try to get a video of it next time it's flown.

Honestly, through the monokoting process, I decided that I didn't want to fly planes anymore...so now I just do monokote repairs for Danny and others. At the field, I'm labeled as,"The monokoting Queen!" LOL

So, I gave the plane to Danny and he only flys it in the trainer races! :)

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work! At first i was wondering what the "extra parts" were that seemed to match the color of the leading edge... then I realized they were place mats, hahaha. Geuss I need glasses!

J

jsteinb95

Nice work! At first i was wondering what the "extra parts" were that seemed to match the color of the leading edge... then I realized they were place mats, hahaha. Geuss I need glasses!

LOL....Only men have "extra parts" and those are definitely NOT my place mats...lol

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Where do you fly?? I used to belong to Marks club and Pomona Valley Fliers but since getting back into motorcycles I have let my membership drop.

You'd like my garage, RC planes and cars and a few machine tools.

Good looking plane by the way:thumbup:

Jerry

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
The only bad part of your workmanship is when you have to see it eventually piled up in a heap. Enjoy it while it lasts as they all crash eventually, just like our bikes.

But then we get to go buy new ones!!!:rockon:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great job on the flyer, +1 on the video. Definitely would enjoy watching some flying action besides those idiots with the parasailing gig. How about a write up plus pics with the monokoting?? This forum is full of surprises, especially with all the talents lying around here and various interest besides bikes.

Ares

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
J....

Nice job on the covering...I like the colors.I too was very much into the radio control plane hobby. I did it for about 10 years, then got married...had a family...you can guess the rest! LOL.

Anyway, I now have (2) boys and I hope to get them interested in RC planes.....I love to build...especially from plans....

Anyway, enjoy it, it really is a blast!

Oh and post video of the flying...I would love to here the sound of those high reving, nitro eating engines!:D

J

jsteinb95

Thanks guys! :)

Where do you fly?? I used to belong to Marks club and Pomona Valley Fliers but since getting back into motorcycles I have let my membership drop.

You'd like my garage, RC planes and cars and a few machine tools.

Good looking plane by the way:thumbup:

Jerry
I joined the Chino Flyers club and they fly out at Fisherman's retreat on San Timoteo Canyon in Redlands.

Post up your planes!! :thumbup:
Great job on the flyer, +1 on the video. Definitely would enjoy watching some flying action besides those idiots with the parasailing gig. How about a write up plus pics with the monokoting?? This forum is full of surprises, especially with all the talents lying around here and various interest besides bikes.

Ares
A write up would be cool, I just don't know how many people would be interested in that....guess it doesn't really matter, huh! :D

I have already started another plane....almost done with the wing...I'll take pics along the way of monokoting and post it when I'm done. :thumbup:
J....

Nice job on the covering...I like the colors.I too was very much into the radio control plane hobby. I did it for about 10 years, then got married...had a family...you can guess the rest! LOL.

Anyway, I now have (2) boys and I hope to get them interested in RC planes.....I love to build...especially from plans....

Anyway, enjoy it, it really is a blast!

Oh and post video of the flying...I would love to here the sound of those high reving, nitro eating engines!:D

Your kids would love it!!!

I will definitely post a video soon. They're really neat to watch.