Test Tomorrow

Nomad198

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so i've got my module 2 test in the morning, quite nervous about it because I have a complete mntal block over tests and end up failing for stupid reasons.

Quick question is this, when pulling out from the side of the road, is:
left mirror
right mirror
right shoulder
signal
right mirror
right shoulder
pull out

sufficiently safe for the examiner, just wondering as I've been learning alone with advice and rides with more experienced friends (very annoyed with me being nice and slow because one in particular rides a busa and doesnt like staying at 60 miles an hour on it :p)

thanks for feedback in advance

Nomad198

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
That all sounds a little complicated to me. Keep it simple: Mirror, Signal, Lifesaver, Manoeuvre. So from your example, parked up at the side of the road and wanting to move off:

Right mirror (make sure you really move you head, so he can see you checking).
Right signal on if it's clear.
Right shoulder check.
Move off.

If you're not sure, do another check. But avoid looking wildly all over the place. If nothing could reasonably come up the inside while you are parked up, there's no point doing a lifesaver in that direction.

Nomad198

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately not, only one major tho
"failing to correctly judge other vehicles speeds while on a duel carriageway"

basically i was slipstreaming up to a slow moving lorry doing about 60 (he was doing 40) pulled out to overtake, forgetting that theres a lot of air when your not behind something nice and large, got slowed to about 50 mph, and some idiot who was miles behind me at the start of the manouver, catches up to me
because he was doing 80 compared to my 55, and so i "interrupted the flow of traffic"

rebooked it for october, trying to get an earlier cancellation, only got a few minors, and mostly for undue hesitation