Gas tank removal?

Scooter56

Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to remove the gas tank. It looks like a no brainer but I am concerned about the fuel line disconnect. How does it come apart and will it automatically stop the flow of gas from the tank? I really don't want a bunch of gas running all over the bike and floor. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not done this and the first question is why do you want it off?

If you remove the 2 allen bolts at the front the tank can then be lifted up on the back hinge almmost vertically and propped up to work on the airfilter and battery.

Put a cannister under the right hand vent pipe because it will put out a little petrol.

I think to remove the tank completely it is best that you drain it totally.

Steve

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to remove the gas tank. It looks like a no brainer but I am concerned about the fuel line disconnect. How does it come apart and will it automatically stop the flow of gas from the tank? I really don't want a bunch of gas running all over the bike and floor. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Search JONAC's posts, he did a mod on his bike. I think it may have been the easy digi gear mod. Jonac has a great picture of proping the tank up.

Neil