paint codes/colours needed

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
ok i need ya help

wanting to do some spray work on the bike

im looking for the tank paint codes

now my bike is a FZ6N from aus and has a basically orange tank with 3 balck stripes

after calling yammaha aus direct and them having no idea about the paint code ( they think panel beaters can colour match by looking at paint... well they cant )for the orange i have found it via searching this site for paint codes

VOM2 is vivid orange

but i need the code for the black stripes

can anyone help?? cheers!

gew

Reaction score
Visit site
colorrite.com makes paints specifically, but they're a rip-off. go to an automotive paint store and they can put a gun to whatever color you need and mix it up for you.

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
i dont need the paint i need the code

once i have the code i can call the supplier up here in aus and they make the paint based on the code

gew

Reaction score
Visit site
unless they sell color rite paint there is no paint code, thats the only people who make paint for the bike that i know of. the paint codes are on the site. all brands use different codes.

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
unless they sell color rite paint there is no paint code, thats the only people who make paint for the bike that i know of. the paint codes are on the site. all brands use different codes.

they dont even have my tank colour on that site

which is vibrant orange

btw the codes are universal

ie say GY ( galaxy blue ford aus) will still be galaxy blue no matter what paint manufacturer you go to, as there system will be able to mix the paint to a "recipe"

gew

Reaction score
Visit site
they dont even have my tank colour on that site

which is vibrant orange

btw the codes are universal

ie say GY ( galaxy blue ford aus) will still be galaxy blue no matter what paint manufacturer you go to, as there system will be able to mix the paint to a "recipe"

here in the US color rite is the ONLY provider of yamaha paints and ive never found a shop that can decifer their codes to mix for any other brand. never found on any forum factory released codes themselves, nor have i had any luck at a dealer. so you have to buy color rite to get an exact match.
your best option is to go to a paint shop with a good flat 3"x3" at least object painted the color you want and they can use special equipment, get a mix specification and mix up a close match from that.
i had a guy that got a paint code somewhere for yamaha blue and not only could they only give me dupont, they had to give me chromabase only, nothing else could be crossed over. otherwise all my painting has been done with a non-specific color so i dont have much experience with it.

Last edited:

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
gew u 4make interesting point..

asked a few suppliers today and they cannot use the machine on a metalic paint :(

barijack
here is Aus i got mine in orange and naked!

here is a pic for you!
Picture+070_1.jpg

u can the black stripes i wish to have matched

i even asked for the paint code on the fender and no luck :(

gew

Reaction score
Visit site
i guess nothing left to do is find something close enough and go with it. fyi i get metallics matched alot so i dont know whats up with that.