Thinking about FZ6 lately?

FZboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
I am 5'8" 180lbs and have been riding on and off for 2 years and always a crusier fan,from Honda to Yamaha. Lately sport bike comes to my mind and do some research on line. FZ6 came up quite often.I used to own a 2003 SV for a short period of time and enjoyed quite a bit. In line 4 seems a bit different in handling.

For those of you owning the bike for quite some time,help me out to decide if FZ 6 is right for me.

There are many pros and cons in every bike...from ease of handling,friction zone,storage rooms and maintenance costs to insurance. Just want to put them all there to see what you guys think.

Thanks in advance and ride safe.

Caliboy:rockon:

S

sportrider

I had looked in to getting a SV back in 04 the insurance cost was the same as the FZ6 at most companies some actually had the SV higher do to the slight increase in CCs. I'm personally a big fan of the in line 4. the FZ6 has 20 more horsepower then the SV. the SV has 3 ft lbs of torque more then the FZ6. the FZ6 is approximately 30 lbs heavier then the the SV. but the FZ6 will beat the SV in the quarter mile by over 1/2 a second. the FZ6 is about 18MPH faster on top. the FZ6 has a good fuel range the average rider on the forum is getting in the mid to high 40s for MPG. I've gone 227 miles on a tank with over a half gallon of gas to spare. the maintenance intervals are good the first valve adjustment isn't due for 26000 miles.

hope this helps you out!!!!:thumbup:

P.S. Welcome Aboard!!!!!(again):D

FZboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks and it does helps. I would like to hear from other FZ fans out there what they have to say.