Long Time Lurker

knox

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings! I am a long time lurker and decided to go ahead and put some posts in. I had an 02 CBR600f4i for a while, then sold it so I could get an MX5 Miata. While I still love the MX5, I miss being on 2 wheels. I have been researching bikes ad nauseum, and the FZ6 is in my top 4.

I live in Knoxville, and see that you are trying to get a Gap meeting for next year. If I have a bike by then, I will come on out - it is only 45 minutes from my house.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Knox

W

wrightme43

Well welcome to the site. Its a good all around bike. Is the VFR on your list? I had it down to the VFR or FZ6. Sometimes I wish I had got the Viffer, but the FZ is very vere good at what it is. A high quality low cost do anything UJM. It even does well on gravel.

knox

Reaction score
Visit site
The VFR is a bit heavy for what I am looking for. Coming off a CBR, I don't want heft. I sat on a Vstrom 1000 and MAN! Talk about heft.

That's why I like the FZ6 (and FZ1 if I can afford one). My poor old wrists can't take low clip-ons, either. I wish the SV came in an FZ6 Body or the FZ came with more low-end torque. - THAT would be the ultimate bike.

Thanks for the welcome. I will be around.

msmx5-1.jpg

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, FZ6 is a good choice. Vstrom is just too ugly. Bloke at work has a year old Z750 which looks similar to the FZ6 and is probably quicker given the extra cc's but it is covered in furring. Every bit of exposed bolt or alloy is covered in the stuff. Now, I don't clean my bike much but there is almost no furring. Kawasaki - just say no. Quite fancy a Triumph street triple at some point but again that is meant to suffer from similar probs to the Z750

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard, Knox! Beautiful part of the country you live in. I absolutely love Crossville, not too far from you.

Good luck with your bike search.

knox

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome ... from Ocala (Near Gainesville, FL ) :D

:Lurking:

I see your girlfriend (sister:confused:) is not a VOL girl....since she has teeth and shoes:rockon:

I have no snappy comeback due to the shame of the Tennessee GIRLS football team.

I think I will become a Vandy fan.

I am already preparing for Spurrier to go home with another win tomorrow when S. Carolina comes to town.