Yamaha FZ6 Cover

fz6alain

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I just put this on my bike and it fits like a glove. I'm not sure how durable it'll be in the variety of weather we get here but it covers my bike completly and looks good too.
GYT-5VX28-00-BK.jpg

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
what is the material? I got a bike cover from Advance Auto and it is like a plasticy material and when the wind blows it around (cause it is huge) it causes fine scratches/swirls on my bike.

Jake

Reaction score
Visit site
This is by far the best cover I've ever used. My bike is outside 24/7 in heat, humidity and thunderstorms. The fit is perfect since it was cut specifically for the FZ6. When the lawn guy uses a leaf blower in the parking lot, the cover does an admirable job of keeping out debris. The material is thick and waterproof... if you manage to tear it then you did something stupid. Price is about $100, but this cover will outlast any "premium" cover offered by other brands and thus pay for itself. A top of the line Dowco will cost you ~$70.

The only reason I'm not still using it is due to the fact that it was stolen during a rash of bike thefts in my area. I got paranoid that the Yamaha logo may have caught the attention of the thieves and the only reason they didn't take the bike with the cover is because something spooked them. I now use the typical crappy generic, one-size-fits-all cover that I f##ing hate and will probably have to replace after 1-year :Flip: The generic cover makes the bike appear to be a small cruiser though...

Jake

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 necrotimus... don't advertise your ride.

It sucks that Yamaha doesn't offer the cover in a non-logo version because it really is an outstanding item. Thank God I'll have a garage at the end of this summer.