New Looking for others for rides in west Yorkshire

Hills

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for others for rides out in west Yorkshire

Hi all

(mods feel free to move this post to the correct section :confused:)

I passed my test back in November (2008) and bough my first bike, an FZ6 Fazer S2 new in January 2009 (58 plate). I got a great deal on the bike..but that's another story. :D

The point of this post is to find friends with FZ6's in my area to go on rides with and hopefully become friends. I live in-between Pontefract and Castleford in west Yorkshire. I've been a bit phased asking this question before but as much as I love riding the bike, it must be even better riding with others/friends.

I regularly ride with my Brother who has perfectly and skilfully restored a 1957 BSA B33. I'm not the fastest and most skilled of riders but 45 to 50 mph, how shall I put this - is not an ideal speed for the Fazer at times :rolleyes:

I'm not looking for someone who just wants to show off their riding skills in front of a new rider, I'm looking for someone who likes riding with others for fun and knows a few routes around this area. I have every Saturday, Sunday and Monday off work if someone fancies a ride out locally or further, east coast etc.

As long as I've got petrol in the tank I'll ride the Fazer all day :cheer: but an hours ride is a ride just the same.

I'm not sure if all that makes sense? I have had a few well earned beers after cleaning and waxing the chain & rear sprocket. :iconbeer:

Cheers
Hills

P.s. I'm 39

Last edited:

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Hi Hills.

Hope you enjoy the Fazer 6 Forum.

Best of luck with finding like minded bikers up your way.:thumbup:

Mark

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Hills :cheer:

I'm in Doncaster and currently on the hunt for a bike ... If and WHEN I get another one I'd be happy for a rideout anytime.... I work strange shift patterns but I'm sure would be up for the odd Monday blast :thumbup:

I'll keep you posted as to when I get my new toy.

JC

P.S ... I'm afraid I'm not a leggy blonde and don't wear lippy :D

Hills

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi JC

I hope the bike hunting is going well. Keep in touch, I'm sure we can work something out around your shifts :thumbup:

Hills

P.s. Lippy is not compulsory. :squid:

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and thanks for posting the pic, that is an impressive restoration. Have you got any before pics so we could see the scale of the job?

Oh yeah and don't forget to show us yours. :thumbup:

Hills

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you got any before pics so we could see the scale of the job?

Oh yeah and don't forget to show us yours. :thumbup:

I wish I had, I'll ask my brother if he has some before pics the next time I see him and post them up if he has. All I know is that it was a total wreck with a bees nest in the middle! The bike was exported to India, hence it surviving relatively intact and then imported back here a few years ago.

Here's a few pictures of my FZ6 Fazer, I've put 1300 miles on the bike since buying it new in January and enjoyed every mostly chilly mile. :eek:

My Bike

Regards
Hills

Last edited: