A little help from you members across the pond.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am looking into do the POD light install in the not so distant future to my FZ. However after reading some how to articles, I must admit that I wasnt to thrilled about the method for fixing the bulb to the light assem.

So since you UK guys/gals have them from the factory, and US dealers cant get parts from other countries, I need one of you kind members.

First, if yall would be so kind as to get me a picture of the socket that the bulb attaches to and comfirm that there is some sort of latch there.

Second, if you have some free time and happen to be going by the local Yami' dealer. Check on a price for the head light assem.

I am in no immediate buying need as Christmas is right around the corner, however after the first of the year would be nice.

Of course all $$ would be sent via pay-pal to cover the parts and shipping as well as pint or two.

Thanks guys!

-bryan

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am looking into do the POD light install in the not so distant future to my FZ. However after reading some how to articles, I must admit that I wasnt to thrilled about the method for fixing the bulb to the light assem.

So since you UK guys/gals have them from the factory, and US dealers cant get parts from other countries, I need one of you kind members.

First, if yall would be so kind as to get me a picture of the socket that the bulb attaches to and comfirm that there is some sort of latch there.

Second, if you have some free time and happen to be going by the local Yami' dealer. Check on a price for the head light assem.

I am in no immediate buying need as Christmas is right around the corner, however after the first of the year would be nice.

Of course all $$ would be sent via pay-pal to cover the parts and shipping as well as pint or two.

Thanks guys!

-bryan
Hey Brian,
I will contact Yamaha today and get a price. I will also take some pictures and post up. Is it pictures from the rear or front you require?

Wrightme did the pod mod with not to much hassle. Have you checked his posts?
You have the Haynes manual to, are the pictures not of good enough quality in there [picture 7.19a - b?

Have you checked this link? Its great and from the USA. I am thinking its the cowling parts 20 & 24?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

Nelly

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I will have to go through wrightme's post again, but from what I thought I saw on there, it was held in with silicon... Need to go back and check that.

Let me get some more research done here in a few minutes and I will let ya know.

Thanks for the help Nelly!

-bryan

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have just had the reply back from the shp regarding panel prices.

Nelly

hi mate

the panels come to 26.73 inc vat each. give us a call on 01635581500 if you would like to order.

adam
-----Original Message-----

Sent: 28 November 2008 06:15
To: [email protected]
Subject: Side light cowling for FZ6-s

Hi Guys,

5VX-2836K-10-00 PANEL, INNER 1

5VX-2836L-10-00 PANEL, INNER 2

Please can you get me the prices for these parts numbers I have a 2006 Model FZ6-S.

Neil