Yamaha 'R' bikes

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I have noticed more and more lately in magazines that Yamaha is putting out the slogan "R is for Respect." I kinda like the slogan, but i have to think about this year's new bike: FZ6R.

Is the FZ6R truly a respectful bike to the FZ6? Or is it more disrespectful?

I think the letter R has been sadly abused by bike manufacturers... For God's sake Honda, CBR1000RR? Was the designer a pirate? (arrrrr....) :)

Was Kawasaki the first with the Z1-R or was there an earlier example?

I think the letter R has been sadly abused by bike manufacturers... For God's sake Honda, CBR1000RR? Was the designer a pirate? (arrrrr....) :)

i agree, it is over used WAY to much, but still, i have to wonder how yamaha uses an 'R' in the FZ6R

the letter R has been overused by almost everyone... think r1, r6, fz6r, type R... for some reason people think R = POWER, PERFORMANCE, etc... I think that its people getting a little overboard with the R.. someone should tell yamaha to focus on a different letter/letters... like F and Z :)

the letter R has been overused by almost everyone... think r1, r6, fz6r, type R... for some reason people think R = POWER, PERFORMANCE, etc... I think that its people getting a little overboard with the R.. someone should tell yamaha to focus on a different letter/letters... like F and Z :)

And the Y, dont forget the Y:D

Why 'romeo'? I don't know..why is my bike a 'romeo-yankee'??

Jazzpaintball: Many thanks for serving our country.. That's cool.

I was at a dealer yesterday. The salesman thought the FZ6r had about 110hp and was a better/faster bike than the FZ6. I had to put him in his place about the specs, features, and capabilities of the two.

So, for him, R stood for retarded.

I was at a dealer yesterday. The salesman thought the FZ6r had about 110hp and was a better/faster bike than the FZ6. I had to put him in his place about the specs, features, and capabilities of the two.

So, for him, R stood for retarded.

this is the 2nd time i have seen that a sales person had no idea what they were talking about.. it would be nice to see these guys more informed so that they are not giving people wrong info when they buy a bike.. sure would pi$$ my off if i bought something i thought had all these fetures to find out that it was all sales BS... then again, buyers should be informed even before walking into a dealer.. but still

this is the 2nd time i have seen that a sales person had no idea what they were talking about.. it would be nice to see these guys more informed so that they are not giving people wrong info when they buy a bike.. sure would pi$$ my off if i bought something i thought had all these fetures to find out that it was all sales BS... then again, buyers should be informed even before walking into a dealer.. but still

Tell me about it, the salesman at the local Yamaha dealer told me the FZ6 was a 5 speed.

Do you know why they are called Pirates...........Because they just arrrrrrr :thumbup:

Back