Wish Me Luck

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...that's why whenever I go riding in an unfamilar area for the first time, I try to have a local rider lead the way. For me, it was Mike "McLovin" from this forum who took me to the snake.

That was a lot of bikes. Just be careful on these large rides, unless you really know them, you really have no idea what kind of stupid things they might do which may spook you, like passing you when you're not expecting to be passed, etc. Don't assume that everyone knows how to ride either, they not only could be a danger to themselves but to others as well.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
What happened to the audio during the filtering section?

I had switched the camera from my helmet to a new bar mount. It was vibrating the crap out of the GoPro in the case. I think I may need to put some tissue or something around the GoPro if I try to mount it there again.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...that's why whenever I go riding in an unfamilar area for the first time, I try to have a local rider lead the way. For me, it was Mike "McLovin" from this forum who took me to the snake.

That was a lot of bikes. Just be careful on these large rides, unless you really know them, you really have no idea what kind of stupid things they might do which may spook you, like passing you when you're not expecting to be passed, etc. Don't assume that everyone knows how to ride either, they not only could be a danger to themselves but to others as well.

Totally agreed with you on that. I let people pass me all the time on the Snake. That first one in the video did scare the crap out of me. I heard him behind me and saw him in my mirror thankfully.

The California riders are a different breed altogether. Much more aggressive (probably skilled too since they all wear track suits and have done multiple track days).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The California riders are a different breed altogether. Much more aggressive (probably skilled too since they all wear track suits and have done multiple track days).

I agree, they are very skilled, that's why I enjoy riding with them. I have learned a lot riding with seasoned riders such as Cali Rider and Wavex. I loved being in that 3rd position following behind them. I always tried my best to attend most of their organized rides while I lived in Vegas. Plus they know all the great roads.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I had switched the camera from my helmet to a new bar mount. It was vibrating the crap out of the GoPro in the case. I think I may need to put some tissue or something around the GoPro if I try to mount it there again.

That's what I was going to guess either that or switching to the waterproof case - I have a mount on my tank, but the camera is too low if I mount it directly to that so I have an extension, but it seems kinda flimsy and shakes a lot. Time to go with the helmet mount I think.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Made it home in one piece. Had an awesome day. Rode the Ortega Highway for a second time today. The road has a lot of great corners. The speed limit is 55 but the corners are yellow sign 30 mph. So basically you can rip the whole trip and not worry about getting stopped unless you go nuts on a straight. I even passed a motorbike cop and got him to wave was I was coming out of a corner at 55.

Then I made my way up highway 74 further from Hemit to Idyllwild. Even more amazing road although the road was a little rougher. At Idylwild you're actually on 243 and can stay on that back down the mountain to Banning. Awesome scenery although I had to focus on the road more because there was a lot more gravel in the road. You could tell the sweepers hadnt been through yet.

I'm pretty jealous of the SoCal riders. Arizona has some great riding roads but the California canyon riding is something in its own right

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I was going to guess either that or switching to the waterproof case - I have a mount on my tank, but the camera is too low if I mount it directly to that so I have an extension, but it seems kinda flimsy and shakes a lot. Time to go with the helmet mount I think.

I liked my suction cup mount on the windshield the most. Second is the helmet. I think next I'm going to use an adhesive mount in the rear somewhere. I'm getting a lot more comfortable hanging off and wouldn't mind getting some footage. Although I don't have a fancy track suit. So I'll have to make sure I tick in my shirt so it doesn't show plumbers crack

FYI the GoPro flying brick attached to the side of the head produces wind drag and torque on your neck over 65 mph. I would mount to the chin bar if you can

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
ooo - good point, I'd seen them mounted there and thought, hmmm, that sounds good. I have the angle pieces for it, so I'll probably do that. Thanks!

And yeah, nobody wants to see that. The disgust will force them to call you a squid.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man you were right by my house ;) I live one exit north of the Ortega highway on the 5
Cali might not have the best people but the weather and riding conditions are top notch ;)