Wish Me Luck

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm heading out on my first real road trip with the bike. Riding out to Malibu to ride the infamous "Snake" tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be the next poster child for a rnickeymouse video. I will be posting pics and vids on my youtube when I get back.

Hope everyone else has a safe and fun weekend.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have a great ride :rockon: looking forward to the vids & pics :thumbup:
By Tuesday we should be out of this freezing weather, so show us some Sunshine please :thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great!

Weather in the mid-eastern US is finally warming up (74F by Sunday!) and I rode to work today. Looks like riding daily is about to become reality as the longest winter I remember finally leaves us alone here! :spank:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have fun, you should hook up with some local forum members while you're there. Don't forget to stop by the famous Neptune Cafe in Malibu.

P1010524.jpg

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm heading out on my first real road trip with the bike. Riding out to Malibu to ride the infamous "Snake" tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be the next poster child for a rnickeymouse video. I will be posting pics and vids on my youtube when I get back.

God speed, and ride safe.:cheer:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
So we knocked out 430 miles from Scottsdale to Calabassas. The wind was crazy from Indio to Palm Springs. The guy I rode with said he almost low sided and I had a couple sketchy moments. I would say winds were 20+ mph winds.

We got to the hotel safe and got some refreshments to take the soreness out of the body

View attachment 47411

Spider webbing ftw

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Sounds like an awesome trip! Good luck, stay safe, looking forward to more pics.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome day. Rode the infamous "Snake" and did not crash. Thank goodness. I totally understand how people crash there. The road has dirt and gravel in from people pulling in and out. And many of the corners don't look like decreasing radius but are.

I tried to get a ninja pic of rnickeymouse at the back corner of the truck. He was up there at 10 when we got there and I shot this at 430. Dude is dedicated.

View attachment 47439

We did have one rider go down. He had a likely concussion and was air lifted to ucla. He was just released from the hospital. So all positive thoughts are appreciated

Edit: sorry for upside down pix. I sent from phone.

Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome day. Rode the infamous "Snake" and did not crash. Thank goodness. I totally understand how people crash there. The road has dirt and gravel in from people pulling in and out. And many of the corners don't look like decreasing radius but are.

I tried to get a ninja pic of rnickeymouse at the back corner of the truck. He was up there at 10 when we got there and I shot this at 430. Dude is dedicated.

View attachment 47439

We did have one rider go down. He had a likely concussion and was air lifted to ucla. He was just released from the hospital. So all positive thoughts are appreciated

Edit: sorry for upside down pix. I sent from phone.

Glad you're ok and had fun. Sorry to hear another of your group wasn't so lucky.

Your pic:
jcCIpQRcEZHX0.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you staying in that area tonight? If you by chance head south toward San Diego give me a holla! :)

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you staying in that area tonight? If you by chance head south toward San Diego give me a holla! :)

I have no plan tomorrow morning to afternoon. Need to meet my friend in Newport beach around 7pm.

Is there a ride I can maybe meet you for in between LA and San Diego?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no plan tomorrow morning to afternoon. Need to meet my friend in Newport beach around 7pm.

Is there a ride I can maybe meet you for in between LA and San Diego?

Probably not tomorrow cuz I used up my ride points today but I could do lunch or something like that if you were in our area. :)

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok Moto. I may be down that way. A guy just said he was going to telegraph hill and I may go with him then turn around and come back to Newport

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
First video I made: Just some highlights. Riding videos to come later. Too much footage to work through.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op05Xk8tA8o]Mulholland Youtubers 2013 Meetup - YouTube[/ame]

p.s. it's winds of 15-40 mph, should I still go ride Ortega Highway