What are your winter FZ6 plans?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
will carry on riding unless it snows

in terms of maintainence, i might check the valve clearances, lube the swingarm pivot, sync the throttle bodies, and do an oil change

asked santa for an Abba stand for xmas :D

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
No plans for this Winter. I changed the oil and cleaned/ lubed the chain before parking her in the garage and putting the cover on.

In the Spring, I plan on replacing the sparkplugs and changing the coolant. The plugs have 13,000 miles on them, so I'm guessing it's getting about time.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread got me thinking about my mods, in no particular order.

Swap out front fairing (previous owner dropped it)
Install front LED turn signals & running lights
Install front LED turn signals in headlight pod
Install HIDs
Powdercoat headers
Possibly a new stator cover
Possibly new windscreen

Try to survive all the grief my wife is going to give me spending $$$ and working on the bike in the winter!

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
Changed oil and removed battery yesterday.
Upcoming weeks; install HID & projectors, swap turn signals and taillight to led bulbs, fz1 bar.

SamuraiMark

n00b++
Reaction score
Visit site
Ride as long as I can, though I suspect I'll be pulling the battery in the next 2 - 3 weeks. And I'll be away for part of that so I might not have too many more miles left. Tons of rain this week, and falling temps. :(

Winter work & upgrades:

Maybe have the local bike shop give it a once over. Oil was changed when I picked it up last week of August so probably no need to change it again now. Engine was acting real funny for a couple minutes a week or two ago. But that was after it had been sitting in the cold for two days with a very low tank of gas. It's been fine since.

New rubber. Cousin pulling the motor out of a smacked up GSXR600 that has new Sportmax Q2s on it. Tires on my bike are literally threadbare, so I'm buying these off him.

Tank grips & tank pad.
K&N air filter.
Maybe a fender eliminator kit.
Maybe some sliders.

Spring upgrades:

Probably some luggage. That would be the prudent thing. I'd rather some new cans, but I have to demonstrate responsible behavior once in a while.

- Mark