Updated picture of 2004 FZ6 with 2007 swingarm

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Just wanted to post a newer picture of my 2004 FZ6 with the 2007 swingarm (painted silver) installed. I'm quite happy with how the mod turned out and glad that I no longer have to look at the old style swingarm on my bike, as it was visually distracting....

buzzbomb

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great, much more stylish and modern than the older box style swingarm. Is it the same length as the old one?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's something to add to my wish list. Great looking! :rockon:

Tim Askew

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to post a newer picture of my 2004 FZ6 with the 2007 swingarm (painted silver) installed. I'm quite happy with how the mod turned out and glad that I no longer have to look at the old style swingarm on my bike, as it was visually distracting....

Not as distracting as the rocket launcher on the back !!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Not as distracting as the rocket launcher on the back !!

Which rocket launcher? The yamaha tail rack, or the laser quad exhaust? :)

I forget what I ended up paying for the parts, but it's in a post somewhere over on the other forum. I got a really good deal on eBay by waiting a long time for the right deal to come along. I bought the swingarm and axle parts in two separate auctions, but from the same seller.

Installation was very simple. Painting it wasn't too bad. I cleaned it up really well, then scotchbrited it and shot it with some rustoleum professional spray paint which matched very well. I have those details in this other post on this forum:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/24409-started-swingarm-installation.html

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks the part :thumbup:
Looking at mine,the one thing that does let it down is the cheap and nasty looking swinger,so I'll be taking a good look through e bay. Cheers for the pics.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Wow! As a fellow 04 owner this is great!!! I will be checking out your post about the install. Great work!

NOTE: I moved your write up post to the Mods section.

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Wow! As a fellow 04 owner this is great!!! I will be checking out your post about the install. Great work!

NOTE: I moved your write up post to the Mods section.

If the Boneman likes my mod, it must be a good mod. :rockon:

Thanks for the props guys. The stock swingarm always visually bothered me on my bike, but now I'm happy. The spray paint that I used is really, really close to factory color and didn't cost a fortune. I know some guys like the black swingarm on their silver framed bikes, but I was having none of that. :)