three twisted sisters

kramepd

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi! been a member of the forum for a little while now but have never posted. so here goes nothin. this weekend me and my friends from supermotojunkie.com went to medina/leakey/kerrville texas and rode the three sisters. i confess i haven't been getting out and tearing up the roads much, but this was insane. the hill country was beautiful and the road was amazing. there were curves so tight that i almost lost it twice... at 25 miles an hour.

if you don't know what a supermoto is you should look it up. i could easily outpace these guys on the straights if i had a mind too. but it wouldn't matter because they would eat my lunch in the tight twisty hilly parts.

there's a sign when you get to the big rollercoaster part of the ride telling you ten riders have died on that route this year alone. it is not recomended for novice riders. both of the faster supermoto guys lost it once. bumps and bruises and a little fender scrapeage luckily. but if you can keep it together and mind your p's and q's it is one hell of a ride. protective gear is recommended,

kramped
[/URL][/IMG]
kramped
[/URL][/IMG]
kramped
[/URL][/IMG]
kramped
[/URL][/IMG]
kramped
[/URL][/IMG]
we stayed in fredericksburg which was a little further from the planned route, but it was worth it for some amazing food and beer. i will try and link to the videos we have when they get through being edited. some good stuff including first hand view of one of the crashes.

that is all.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty cool huh? Did you catch air on the big woops on 337?

Oh, welcome!

If you do a search you'll find threads on our FZ6 camp out in Leakey. It was sparely attended last year...

kramepd

Reaction score
Visit site
nope i was in such a hurry to share my story that i didn't think to look. i remember the hills your talking about, but no i didn't catch any air but it wouldn't have been hard... was keeping it under 100 mph. we had a mixed bag of bikes everything from an xr250 to a husqvarna 590. mine was the only kinda sorta streetbike of the bunch so we got a little spread out. didn't want to lose anyone.

cable

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely my favorite area to ride. Beautiful scenery, lotsa twistys and only about an hour away from me.