This bike is fast!

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
How much is a service like this? Just got my 08 FZ6 with 10k on the odo... I checked the fluids but I am not sure if any of those things have been done.

Whenever, and I mean WHENEVER, you buy a used motorcycle you should ALWAYS assume no maintenance has been done. Change the coolant, oil, both filters, spark plugs, etc. Read the service manual and do everything that would have been required at 8,000 miles.

The only exception to this is if the bike has a solid service history with all receipts from a shop.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
How much is a service like this? Just got my 08 FZ6 with 10k on the odo... I checked the fluids but I am not sure if any of those things have been done.

well my guy is very reasonable here in SoCal so i can't really say how much it would be. I was there so I know the shop did work on the bike for at least 3 solid hours. but the cost was only $250. some have even said my shop is like getting charged for labor but not for parts or fluids when it comes to service. my chain was also adjusted and cleaned, etc. changing oil and coolant is real easy on this bike, however. i usually DIY it. but since it was all included i let them do it. i am not sure how much i saved over other places, though. this is the first time i have had a motorcycle serviced. my shop is known for great deals, though. and the owner can afford to close his shop every summer for a month and a half while he rides an adventure bike over 10,000 miles to god knows where? and he used to race bikes, too. so i think he does ok and passes on the goodness to other riders
You guys do realize the service manual for the FZ6 says to perform the service every 4,000 miles right? There's different things your supposed to do at every service, it's best to read it and follow it.

yes well this forum got me believing in all that "bulletproof" stuff and how reliable the bike is and how many neglect it and it still goes and goes. so i went with it. got the bike at 6,500 miles and yes changed the oil, bled the front brake, and changed the coolant. got some tires and a battery. but other then those things i just rode the bitch for around 12,000 miles after i got it, and it never complained

oh, did put some seafoam in there one time. that explains it!

Last edited: