The Rant Thread

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok ,I,m lost.
Who or what is "Ed Hardy" :confused:

You been living under a rock Mick??? Ed Hardy is the latest fashion "rip-off" going around. $150 for a T-Shirt, etc etc. You can get stuff cheaper from the States though... (of course.. same as with everything, you can get it cheaper in America than you can here).

:rockon:

Edit.. beaten by "Metro Man" :spank:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Me either.
That being said I feel ripped off going into Target unless I am buying stuff on sale, so I'm not up with all the latest and greatest stuff that people buy these days.
After living in China for four years I know it all costs 2c to make too which doesn't help.

I think my finest moment was one year a group of friends gave me a $100 voucher for a shoe shop (Bday gift), was quite excited, got to the shop looked in, was pretty cool stuff available, looked at a price on a pair, $375??? WTF surely they missed a decimal somewhere there.
Everything was $350++ mainly $400 or more. My fiancee thought I was being a rude and ungrateful prick for not buying something and paying the remainder after my voucher.

I ended up trading it for cash with a more fashion conscious family member.
The most expensive pair of shoes I have bought in the last 5 years? My Rjays riding boots, on sale for $130, followed by my $70 steel capped boots for work.
The only expensive clothing has likewise been motorcycle gear.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Me either.
That being said I feel ripped off going into Target unless I am buying stuff on sale, so I'm not up with all the latest and greatest stuff that people buy these days.
After living in China for four years I know it all costs 2c to make too which doesn't help.

I think my finest moment was one year a group of friends gave me a $100 voucher for a shoe shop (Bday gift), was quite excited, got to the shop looked in, was pretty cool stuff available, looked at a price on a pair, $375??? WTF surely they missed a decimal somewhere there.
Everything was $350++ mainly $400 or more. My fiancee thought I was being a rude and ungrateful prick for not buying something and paying the remainder after my voucher.

I ended up trading it for cash with a more fashion conscious family member.
The most expensive pair of shoes I have bought in the last 5 years? My Rjays riding boots, on sale for $130, followed by my $70 steel capped boots for work.
The only expensive clothing has likewise been motorcycle gear.

I bought 8 T-shirts the other day for $5 each from "Factorie'....gotta love those cheap arse, throw-away clothes shops! Jeans for $30....WHY PAY MORE, THERE IS NO NEED!

:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought 8 T-shirts the other day for $5 each from "Factorie'....gotta love those cheap arse, throw-away clothes shops! Jeans for $30....WHY PAY MORE, THERE IS NO NEED!

:thumbup:
No, definately not a metro.

I have a comfortable mix of cheap clothes and designer clothes. Mix and match.

The only thing I can't scrimp on is handbags. :eek:

Louie Vuitton, Botkier and Oroton - all adorn my wardrobe. :D

And, yes, I CAN tell the difference between a Bali LV and the real thing. Sad thing is, so can Mike now. :cheer:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, No! I think I might be a Metro.....:eek:

*Gets up and walks to wardrobe.....looks in*.

20+ black bonds 'T' shirts.

Black Draggins.

Black Rjays Leathers.

Black Dri rider pants.

Black, gray and white Ixon jacket.

Black Jeans.

2x Black Wetsuits.

A Black Sharkskin.

A Black long sleeve denim shirt.

A black short sleeved Denim shirt.

14 or 15 pairs of black underdurps of assorted varieties, and some blue ones at the bottom just so I know when I'm getting close to the bottom of the pile and need to do some washing.

A dozen or so pairs of Explorers...mostly black, some blue and a couple of khaki.

2 Red bike jackets

1 Red shirt...for going out:eek:

1 White shirt I use for when I dress up like a pirate for fancy dress parties.

1....2....3....4pairs of steel capped boots, some bike boots, 2 pairs of sneakers, and some Puma sandles.

I'm sitting here now in black shorts, black durps and a black Bonds 'T'shirt.

Unkempt goatee, self sheared hair, and probably shave next Sunday (maybe):BLAA:

*sighs* Phew.....nope....not a metro either.:D

My trip to PI was similar....Tooth brush and paste. Lynx shower gel, 'cause you can wash your hair with it too. My underarmas, and I did splurge and take my JPG ode to the toilet (don't speak french...lol), and my rid. No sunscreen for me....Chain Lube and visor wipes, and my disc lock went in before any of that other stuff though:rockon:...lol.

I think I might be the Antimetro:cheer:.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Black Draggins.

Black Rjays Leathers.

Black Dri rider pants.

Black Jeans.

2x Black Wetsuits.

A Black Sharkskin.

14 or 15 pairs of black underdurps of assorted varieties, and some blue ones at the bottom just so I know when I'm getting close to the bottom of the pile and need to do some washing.

A dozen or so pairs of Explorers...mostly black, some blue and a couple of khaki.

2 Red bike jackets

1....2....3....4pairs of steel capped boots, some bike boots, 2 pairs of sneakers, and some Puma sandles.

My trip to PI was similar....Tooth brush and paste. Lynx shower gel, 'cause you can wash your hair with it too. My underarmas, and I did splurge and take my JPG ode to the toilet (don't speak french...lol), and my rid. No sunscreen for me....Chain Lube and visor wipes, and my disc lock went in before any of that other stuff though:rockon:...lol.

You know way too much about your wardrobe contents...

But you failed to mention your "other wardrobe" i reckon!

:spank::spank:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Black Draggins.

Black Rjays Leathers.

Black Dri rider pants.

Black Jeans.

2x Black Wetsuits.

A Black Sharkskin.

2 Red bike jackets

Sorry but JPG? You are a closet metro. If you were antimetro, then Blue Stratos would have been the go. :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, yes. But I don't own a Ducati and a Late machine.....scratch a Ducati rider hard enough and you'lll find a licra outfit hidden away somewhere...lol.:Flip:

And Hand bags?......Hmmm....sounds a bit suss to me:BLAA:.

I knew about the contents of my wardrobe, 'cause I walked over to it and opened it....LMAO....besides. It aint hard to remember black everything and steel capped boots.

And as for JPG....learned about that one from this site......didn't I Wolfman and Mr. Humpy?...lol.:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, yes. But I don't own a Ducati and a Late machine.....scratch a Ducati rider hard enough and you'lll find a licra outfit hidden away somewhere...lol.:Flip:

And Hand bags?......Hmmm....sounds a bit suss to me:BLAA:.

I knew about the contents of my wardrobe, 'cause I walked over to it and opened it....LMAO....besides. It aint hard to remember black everything and steel capped boots.

And as for JPG....learned about that one from this site......didn't I Wolfman and Mr. Humpy?...lol.:D

Yes it's true, i own a Ducati (In Storage) and a Latte Machine (Technically owned by the missus!

JPG is my smell of choice...especially the female version, when i smell that, i wanna hump legs!

But i still aint no Metro Sexual.....

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it's true, i own a Ducati (In Storage) and a Latte Machine (Technically owned by the missus!

JPG is my smell of choice...especially the female version, when i smell that, i wanna hump legs!

But i still aint no Metro Sexual.....

Nothing wrong with a latte machine - keeps us sane.

And a Ducati - that's ok. There is a red baby monster in a dealership here I have my eye on.

Aftershave can be a bit hypnotic (forget the leg humping! :eek:), but it has to be Polo - Double Black.

Now THAT'S a great smell on a man (even better than synthetic oil at a race track!) :D:D:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing wrong with a latte machine - keeps us sane.

And a Ducati - that's ok. There is a red baby monster in a dealership here I have my eye on.

Aftershave can be a bit hypnotic (forget the leg humping! :eek:), but it has to be Polo - Double Black.

Now THAT'S a great smell on a man (even better than synthetic oil at a race track!) :D:D:D

Latte Machine is ok....but i still need lessons on how to drive it properly!

As for Ducati's....love the new "Streetfighter"!!!

And as for racetrack smells, my missus loves the smell of Two Stroke oil! Bloody Off Road riding upbringing!!!

:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Latte drinkin' Teetotaller's :spank: :spank:....... 'Yes Dear i would love an Old English Breakfast' :eek: Oops did i say that out loud :D Ohh well , i'll stick to me Coffee & JPG :drool:.... Doesnt make me hump legs but it is the greatest aftershave EVER........ What does make me hump legs is Chloe :drool: :drool: i never thought a scent could drive me wild till i smelt that , now i know what a dog feels like when the bitch next door is on heat :BLAA:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know that feeling mate. I've got a VZ Calais, leather seats and all that good stuff... What does my missus do.. Get's a set of "Ed Hardy" seat covers.. Black with big pink emblem in the middle.
Luckily, I don't drive the car much anymore.. Can just see the jibes from workmates if I took it there...lol.

Just about a perfect match for a crappy Holden i say :BLAA:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oi!!! Watch it there big fella :spank:
You still coming down here mate??? Much drier here, better than that "rain soaked" paradise (pffft) you live in :Flip:

Yep....sunny Queensland, perfect one day, drowned the next!!!

And how about sending us a bit of water you greedy buggers!!!

:ban: