The Rant Thread

It's the plugs. Have you got a link or any info for the string ones? I won't be riding this weekend, so might try to get these before spending $$$$ on a new rear.

Oh there is so much I could post in response to this.... :ban:

Check out my "Tyre Repair" thread in the tyre section. All the info you need. If you've got all the other stuff you can just get a refill kit with strings etc, for next to nix. Mine's just starting to leak now when I get stuck in, 'cause it's nearly a slick now. It doesn't leak if I just commute. If I go out for fun I start a couple psi high, and finish a couple low.

Last edited:
Check out my "Tyre Repair" thead n the tyre section. All the info you need. If you've got all the other stuff you can just get a refill kit with strings etc, for next to nix. Mine's just starting to leak now when I get stuck in, 'cause it's nearly a slick now. It doesn't leakl if I just commute. If I go out fout for fun I start a couple psi high, and finish a couple low.

We are not talking about your blow up doll mikey! :D

No blow up dolls for me unfortunately (unfortunately beacause they are cheap, and easy to please:spank:) but I can't stand the surprised look on their faces. They aren't supposed to look like that:eek: until afterwards:rockon::thumbup::D

Ranters Assemble! *blows conch*

Simply this, my fellow high-blood pressure friends:

Sitting in the middle of an intersection turning right, waiting for the car in front to turn right across the traffic. Lights go red... and the car decides to stay in the intersection.

What fun! :eek:

Last edited:
Ranters Assemble! *blows conch*

Simply this, my fellow high-blood pressure friends:

Sitting in the middle of an intersection turning right, waiting for the car in front to turn right across the traffic. Lights go red... and the car decides to stay in the intersection.

What fun! :eek:

Gotta love those, "Wow! Some car keys! I can't drive worth a $h1t, but bugga it all I might go and have an adventure" types.

Its even funnier when still in the packaging and their faces are pressed against the plastic ,lol

Window shop much? :D

Why must we put up with the $h!thouse service we get from stealerships & mechanics these days ? :spank:

Bike went for service on Saturday :cheer: & due to the wet weather & only being a 5 minute ride home I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary , ride to work this morning & get onto the motorway hit a bump & there is a servere knock through the front end :eek: , so I pull over & give it a rock & rattle cant see anything loose so continue on with the plan of ringing the mechanic when I get to work , motor along & the knock is there on all the bumps :mad: , a little futher along & I get to the usual traffic spot & grab a little front brake & suffer the worst headshake ever :rant ... Get off the motorway through fear of my life look down & notice the head bolt is slowly unwinding itself :eek: :shakehead:............ Walk out to my bike this afternoon just to nic up the bolt enough to get me home but lose enough to show him & I notice about a teaspoon of oil has leaked from the oil filter :thumbdown: :banghead: :disapprove: :rtfm: i'll be on his doorstep & 7am in the morning & im not happy....

Did I mention DIY Dan ;)

They did your steering head bearings didn't they ?

Yeah mate they sure did tighten them , just didnt do them up again :spank: :spank:

My mate works at the local Yamaha dealer & he is normally my spanner man but he is away on his honeymoon & since he moved before xmas doesnt have his workshop set up at home yet :( I knew I should have waited even if it did go over a little...

Back