The "Off Topic" thread...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask this:
I have been fishing for 2.5 hrs and I've got like 5~6 of this fish.
Just wondering what kinda of fish is that?

Thank you.

View attachment 28958

lol! i reckon you are in the right place to ask that question, cause that's about as off topic as it gets...

And i have no idea what sorta fish that is! :eek:

Good luck! Happy fishing! :D

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll vouch for the Oxford Heated grips too. Was 0.4 degrees on Tuesday whilst riding to work at 5:30 am, only had the grips on 75% heat, and felt great when I got there. The tips of my fingers were a bit cold, but I just grabbed the grips when I got there (after removing gloves), and they were toasty in no time.

Mates couldn't believe I rode in that day, they all came in shivering... Suckers, getting out of their heated cars into the freezing cold just makes it feel colder... :rof:

As for gloves, I picked up a pair at the Melbourne Markets a couple of years ago. They have 3M Thinsulate and a wiper-blade on the left pointy finger. Unsure of the brand... Has "Black Rose" embroidered on the gauntlet. They're pretty good, but getting old now, so might have a look at the Alpine Stars. Do they have the "wiper-blade"???

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mike changed the front and rear on his XJR today - he said the changes have made the bike "manic". His took a lot longer - Hydraulic clutch - but was still easy. Didn't have to drain clutch fluid or anything. Went -1 front, +1 rear. Also put a new DID chain on, x-ring. 32000 kms from the original chain and sprockets. In reality, could have done another 15000 kms. He wanted a new bike, without actually buying one, therefore new bars, pipe and gearing change - it's a different ride.

We are pretty happy today :D

Roll on Saturday.

I think a full & comprehensive review is in order Mike :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask this:
I have been fishing for 2.5 hrs and I've got like 5~6 of this fish.
Just wondering what kinda of fish is that?

Thank you.

View attachment 28958

That would be a nice little soapy or better known as a Jewfish :thumbup:... Keep fishing mate , his BIG brother is still out there :drool: :drool:

Where did you get it ??

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm well my bike has done about 630km total, so many things to do !! Looks like I will ask for a sprocket change on my first service as well ;P

Thanks for the explanation Cam :) Sounds great, I would love to know when people started upgrading there bikes :) Will get the Ohlins installed when I get the first service done .... That is going to be a interesting service ! :) (Oh most driving seems to be the freeway for me ATM:/)

I started planning my mods a few weeks before my bike arrived, thanks to this forum. Had the sprocket, my grips, carbon fender extender and FZ1 bars before I got the bike, and within the first month had everything on or at least ordered :)

Bit of tinkering with the suspension as I rode it as well.....(and that's the last thing I still need to sort).

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
the gloves im using are Ixon Pro top, they are pretty warm i recomend them:thumbup:
well these are the handguards they sort of match in with the speedo but will be coming off as soon as it warms up a bit
SANY0256.jpg

SANY0258.jpg

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the gloves im using are Ixon Pro top, they are pretty warm i recomend them:thumbup:
well these are the handguards they sort of match in with the speedo but will be coming off as soon as it warms up a bit
SANY0256.jpg

SANY0258.jpg

Hey Linc , please explain the pink fluffy bits around the ignition :eek: :eek: :spank: :spank:.... This should be good :popcorn: :popcorn: :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I think Mike and I have finally lost it (our minds that is...)

We've spent close to 5 hours today clearing out one of the spare rooms and turning it into a GYM!....

We bought a home gym and a cross trainer today. Took us a while to put it all together. We now have the home gym with 50kg weights, cross trainer, mini-trampoline, treadmill, punchbag and various other torture instruments.

We even did it through both the Wales v All Blacks and Wallabies v England rugby games (didn't miss much did we :shakehead:......)

Now, all we have to do tonight is finish all the beer, bourbon and vodka so we can start fresh with our health kick tomorrow :D :iconbeer: :cheer:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I think Mike and I have finally lost it (our minds that is...)

We've spent close to 5 hours today clearing out one of the spare rooms and turning it into a GYM!....

We bought a home gym and a cross trainer today. Took us a while to put it all together. We now have the home gym with 50kg weights, cross trainer, mini-trampoline, treadmill, punchbag and various other torture instruments.

We even did it through both the Wales v All Blacks and Wallabies v England rugby games (didn't miss much did we :shakehead:......)

Now, all we have to do tonight is finish all the beer, bourbon and vodka so we can start fresh with our health kick tomorrow :D :iconbeer: :cheer:

I love it when you get new stuff for the house....as for a Gym, would never likely use it! But i am getting a new 8 seater dining room setting, matching TV unit, coffee table, and hall table this week.... $6000 worth, for just over $2000....got a killer deal through the missus and her job as a salesperson at Radio Rentals!

Enjoy your drinks Kazza!

:thumbup:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love it when you get new stuff for the house....as for a Gym, would never likely use it! But i am getting a new 8 seater dining room setting, matching TV unit, coffee table, and hall table this week.... $6000 worth, for just over $2000....got a killer deal through the missus and her job as a salesperson at Radio Rentals!

Enjoy your drinks Kazza!

Cool - love new furniture.

As for the gym set up, Mike's already said "not on the weekends"..... I'll use it on the weekend though. I'll get up tomorrow morning (hopefully morning, I have had a few vodka red bulls though.....), plug in the ipod, open the blind and look at the beautiful view... then work my arse off :D:D:D:D

By the time I've finished, my barista should have made me a nice coffee :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Kazza are your headers still as golden as they are in that picture, mine have gone mainly blue/black and no amount of hard work is cleaning them up!

Get a powerdrill, a Mothers "Powerball" i think they are called, and some of the same brands polish that they recommend to use the powerball with, and they will come up pretty well...trust me, i just found out about this thing a couple of months back, has revoltuinised cleaning & polishing the header pipes...

Is also brilliant for polishing chrome, or polished wheels....

Mothers® PowerBall Mini®

And by the way, that ball is made of foam, so no scratching!!! And it doesnt fall apart after a few uses...

:Flash:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are a little dirty - just need a good clean. Mike?...... :D

I am thinking of doing something with them - ceramic coating maybe? They would look great if they were black...... hmmmmm

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are a little dirty - just need a good clean. Mike?...... :D

I am thinking of doing something with them - ceramic coating maybe? They would look great if they were black...... hmmmmm

Yeah, ceramic coating them black would keep maintenance to about zero...just a quick wipe every now and then, after a ride in the rain...

The Silver Ceramic coating on my touring FZ6 is holding up pretty well too.