The "Off Topic" thread...

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I was actually tempted by the black ceramic coating just because it would bring the look of the bike together a bit more I think, however there are certain other objects I want to buy first :p
Still need those pazzo levers :D

I'll definately have a look for that polisher however, do you know what shops might sell it? Bunnings maybe, or more a car shop like supercheap auto or something?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I was actually tempted by the black ceramic coating just because it would bring the look of the bike together a bit more I think, however there are certain other objects I want to buy first :p
Still need those pazzo levers :D

I'll definately have a look for that polisher however, do you know what shops might sell it? Bunnings maybe, or more a car shop like supercheap auto or something?

Supercheap definitely sell them....about $50 from memory, and about another $20 for the polish....little bit rich, but it's good quality stuff....and IT WORKS!

But only with a Powerdrill...Cordless drills, no matter how super duper, just dont have the torque to maintain the rotational speed to get the polish to do it's wonder stuff!

Iused a small 450w POWER drill...easy, and light to handle, and with the long stem supplied with the powerball, is a cinch to get into just about anywhere, except for right up near the top of the headers...you will need to take the headers off the bike to get that part that you dont really see anyway, when they are on the bike...

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Supercheap definitely sell them....about $50 from memory, and about another $20 for the polish....little bit rich, but it's good quality stuff....and IT WORKS!

But only with a Powerdrill...Cordless drills, no matter how super duper, just dont have the torque to maintain the rotational speed to get the polish to do it's wonder stuff!

Iused a small 450w POWER drill...easy, and light to handle, and with the long stem supplied with the powerball, is a cinch to get into just about anywhere, except for right up near the top of the headers...you will need to take the headers off the bike to get that part that you dont really see anyway, when they are on the bike...

I noticed you thanked me for this post Mick....You cant be thinking what i hope your thinking!!! ;););)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...Mick's headers aren't dirty are they?

That little pink ball thingy works a treat. Gonna pop out and get one myself. Unfortunately my drill is an abso-freaking-lute monster, but you can't win 'em all:D.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...Mick's headers aren't dirty are they?

That little pink ball thingy works a treat. Gonna pop out and get one myself. Unfortunately my drill is an abso-freaking-lute monster, but you can't win 'em all:D.

Well, do what i did, went out and bought a little bugger, that weigh's stuff all , especially for the puropse at hand! Should be able to find a half decent one for under a $100 at the local hardware...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How freaking cold does it wanna be outside tonight....the thermometer thingy i have hanging in the shed, says it's 2 degree's celcius....and i dont even live in the hills anymore...

Still took the bike to work tonight though....first time this winter, i have really missed my old Oxford heated grips...must get me some more for the "mule"!

Kazza also told me last night that it was freaking cold in her part of the world too...

Anyway, just thought i would share!

:D

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How freaking cold does it wanna be outside tonight....the thermometer thingy i have hanging in the shed, says it's 2 degree's celcius....and i dont even live in the hills anymore...

SOFT ! ,lol

I leave for work at 6am and ride through the hills to Mt Lofty,I can tell you about cold :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bloody freezing here! Saturday morning was the coldest morning in 26 years! 0 here....... The bird bath was frozen over - 4mm thick ice :eek:

Still, went for a ride today. My trusty 10 year old Rivet freeway jacket is nice and toasty :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bloody freezing here! Saturday morning was the coldest morning in 26 years! 0 here....... The bird bath was frozen over - 4mm thick ice :eek:

Still, went for a ride today. My trusty 10 year old Rivet freeway jacket is nice and toasty :D

Was a coolish 14 degree's here today, but was bright & sunshiny, with no wind...great day for riding...Mikey and i found ourselves 2 of the slowest Ducati riders ever! :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SOFT ! ,lol

I leave for work at 6am and ride through the hills to Mt Lofty,I can tell you about cold :D

Yes, i rode home through the hills at 3am in the morning, 3 nights a week, 2 winters ago, it is not nice....bloody chill blains!!! You can have it to yourself Mick...i dont envy you...

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We went to the state round of the superbikes at Barbagallo. Racing was ok - caught up with friends (our friend has 2 x BMW's and 3 x MV's....., including a 750, Senna and a Brutale America....).

The ride there are back was the best though. Mike no longer had to ride with me. I had new found confidence, bike felt great. My new gear indicator worked really well and is very discreet (photos will follow :D) and my new 15T front sprocket is AWESOME.

I feel like I have a new bike.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We went to the state round of the superbikes at Barbagallo. Racing was ok - caught up with friends (our friend has 2 x BMW's and 3 x MV's....., including a 750, Senna and a Brutale America....).

The ride there are back was the best though. Mike no longer had to ride with me. I had new found confidence, bike felt great. My new gear indicator worked really well and is very discreet (photos will follow :D) and my new 15T front sprocket is AWESOME.

I feel like I have a new bike.

Who won the Superbikes???

You should go -2 on the front! :D and plus one on the rear! :D:D

But, yes, the one tooth down does make a decent difference at the lights.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was a coolish 14 degree's here today, but was bright & sunshiny, with no wind...great day for riding...Mikey and i found ourselves 2 of the slowest Ducati riders ever! :eek:

OMFG:eek:! Was already taking it very easy, but had to slow down to the point of nearly tipping over...lol. They must have been very skilled to keep their bikes upright at those sorts of speeds:BLAA:.

I sort of made up for it going up O'Halloran Hill on the way home:rockon:.

Gonna have to go get dinner at that pub again another time. I found that little dark haired number with the superb k nockers that was taking the moolah really very intriguing:eek::spank::spank::spank::ban::D

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Who won the Superbikes???

You should go -2 on the front! :D and plus one on the rear! :D:D

But, yes, the one tooth down does make a decent difference at the lights.

I was too busy talking to find out :shakehead:

I think I'll enjoy my -1 for now. Have to install my PCIII and Ohlins rear shock next weekend.

Who knows, in the future I might just want to change the sprockets again :D

Now, Mike just found Ottimoto rearsets on Ebay for around AUS$300 delivered........

Any opinions on them?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMFG:eek:! Was already taking it very easy, but had to slow down to the point of nearly tipping over...lol. They must have been very skilled to keep their bikes upright at those sorts of speeds:BLAA:.

I sort of made up for it going up O'Halloran Hill on the way home:rockon:.

Gonna have to go get dinner at that pub again another time. I found that little dark haired number with the superb k nockers that was taking the moolah really very intriguing:spank::ban::D

You didnt see the Chef! :spank: She was amazing! Yes, we must go back! :D:D:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was too busy talking to find out :shakehead:

I think I'll enjoy my -1 for now. Have to install my PCIII and Ohlins rear shock next weekend.

Who knows, in the future I might just want to change the sprockets again :D

Now, Mike just found Ottimoto rearsets on Ebay for around AUS$300 delivered........

Any opinions on them?

Have never seen the Ottomoto stuff in the flesh...Review search???

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A guy on the FZ1 forum, Buildercher ??? has them (Ottimoto's) and reckons they are sweet bang for buck. Not as speccy as the 600+dollar sets, but quite presentable and well made, he reckons.

http://www.fz1-forum.com/forum/33943-post18.html

And as for me ogling presentable young lasses.....I'm a single man, with a pulse....When I stop looking, bury me deep....lol.:BLAA:

Last edited: