The Knee Drag

Have you rode your FZ6 hard enough to get her leaned over on your knee?

• Heck Yes!

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Heck No!

Votes: 87 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EDIT - not my video!!!

There is an FZ6 out front....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJCSVX9r1w&feature=user"]YouTube - GettinDown2[/ame]

Last edited:
[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]If you're going to \"bust out the knee drag,\" you should consider getting better tires and better suspension. Do the R6 fork mod and grab some softer, sportier tires. You might want to check your footpegs don't scrub the ground.

I could be wrong about the above stuff but nobody can disagree with me on this one; get framesliders.

--[COLOR=\"DarkSlateGray\"]DEFYINERTIA [/COLOR]is probably standing right behind me at this point--[/COLOR]

[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]I perform a deadly BACK KICK! HAH!! [/COLOR]

Although the above stuff may improve your bikes ability it will not improve the rider directly.

An experienced rider can drag knees on a stock fz no prob.... The little feelers on the bottom of the pegs may be an issue for lots of lean, but that’s PART of the knee drag to help reduce lean…

There is lots of info on the web if you are interested

Thanks mate:thumbup:. Nice vid:cheer:. That's a pretty smooth looking piece of road too with grass all the way up to the shoulder, so no gravel:rockon:. Not much traffic. = Nice spot:D.

Who was that music playing though? Suited well.:thumbup:
Cheers
Mike

Not my video...I've actually never dragged knee on the street :eek:

not yet, i am hoping that on my next track day, i would never thing that it is a good idea too push it that hard on the streets

I can tell you this bike is easily capable of such feats with the right rider. Additionally though, there is no need for that on the street. Keep in mind that you don't actually lean on your knee on the ground. It is merely skimming the ground as a feeler to help you monitor how far over you have leaned, especially since you are bordering the edge of the tire where you can easily begin to slip.

Side Note: What kind of doctor are you training to be? I am in my 4th year of medical school and am applying to Residency as we speak in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R).

Well put. I ride the track out here and i have "skimmed" the puck on the ground with stock suspension and tires:thumbup:

Dont think i would want to do it for long because those pucks run 50 to 60 dollars

Back