The Knee Drag

Have you rode your FZ6 hard enough to get her leaned over on your knee?

• Heck Yes!

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Heck No!

Votes: 87 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArmyDocInTraining

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I'm a bit too new to the FZ6 scene... but I'm curious as to how many out there have busted out the knee drag. :eek: I don't think I have the guts to get my FZ6 that low (plus I paid alot for her and shes almost brand new)! :eek:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did once, but I kept it folded in after it got too hot without pucks.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're going to "bust out the knee drag," you should consider getting better tires and better suspension. Do the R6 fork mod and grab some softer, sportier tires. You might want to check your footpegs don't scrub the ground.

I could be wrong about the above stuff but nobody can disagree with me on this one; get framesliders.

--DEFYINERTIA is probably standing right behind me at this point--

I perform a deadly BACK KICK! HAH!!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I can tell you this bike is easily capable of such feats with the right rider. Additionally though, there is no need for that on the street. Keep in mind that you don't actually lean on your knee on the ground. It is merely skimming the ground as a feeler to help you monitor how far over you have leaned, especially since you are bordering the edge of the tire where you can easily begin to slip.

Side Note: What kind of doctor are you training to be? I am in my 4th year of medical school and am applying to Residency as we speak in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R).

S

sportrider

[COLOR=\\"DarkGreen\\"]If you're going to \\"bust out the knee drag,\\" you should consider getting better tires and better suspension. Do the R6 fork mod and grab some softer, sportier tires. You might want to check your footpegs don't scrub the ground.

I could be wrong about the above stuff but nobody can disagree with me on this one; get framesliders.

--[COLOR=\\"DarkSlateGray\\"]DEFYINERTIA [/COLOR]is probably standing right behind me at this point--[/COLOR]

[COLOR=\\"DarkGreen\\"]I perform a deadly BACK KICK! HAH!! [/COLOR]
:rof:
your too much Elm :thumbup:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've hung off the bike on some on/off ramps for the expressway, but never far enough to get a knee down or anything. I don't think I'd try to go that fast around a turn on the street. Since I was haling ass as it was.

However, most of the inexperienced squids around here don't shift their body at all when they ride, they just lean the whole damn bike over, but remain upright and parallel with the bikes vertical axis, and they could probably stick their knee out a little bit and drag it on the ground. Think one of those little RC motorcycles where the rider just stays in one position... I'm just waiting for one of them to do it around a turn where there's a big white stopping line going across the intersection and lowsiding...

Sqrly

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't wear knee pucks, so I don't drag knees. But, I do from time to tome drag the toes of my boots. I ride pretty aggresive on some of the backroads here, so I suppose if I were to wear the gear, my knees would drag. BTW...as was stated earlier in this thread, your knees are only lean angle indicators.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn`t get all the way to France and back by being stupid.

Knee drags are for the track unless you are in "The class of morons school of riding".

Steve

Sqrly

Reaction score
Visit site

Hey, dont count yourself so short.

Knee drags are for the track unless you are in "The class of morons school of riding".

Your not very opinionated...are you?

BTW, proud of you for making it to France and back. :thumbup:

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've scraped my foot peg and had my boot hit the ground (at the time it freaked my s***)..... What do you guys say, does this count?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hey, dont count yourself so short.

Knee drags are for the track unless you are in \"The class of morons school of riding\".

Your not very opinionated...are you?

BTW, proud of you for making it to France and back. :thumbup:

No, he just realizes the place for riding hard is at the track, where it is a controlled environment and there isn't traffic and innocent bystanders around to kill when you make a mistake. Because mistakes happen, we're all human...

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
No dragging knees for me, but I did scrape my toe a couple times before I adjusted my foot position correctly. I also scraped the peg feelers a couple times last time I went up in the mountains.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Yeah, no knee-dragging for me. Maybe the more I ride, and the more experienced I get, but it's doubtful. I just can't seem to get it out of my head that on every curve, there's loose gravel just waiting to take me down. :eek:

:D

X

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]If you're going to \"bust out the knee drag,\" you should consider getting better tires and better suspension. Do the R6 fork mod and grab some softer, sportier tires. You might want to check your footpegs don't scrub the ground.

--[COLOR=\"DarkSlateGray\"]DEFYINERTIA [/COLOR]is probably standing right behind me at this point--[/COLOR]

[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]I perform a deadly BACK KICK! HAH!! [/COLOR]

:D the smoothest of riders can rail on a stock FZ6, but yeah, the better the bike is setup the better off you are.

No, he just realizes the place for riding hard is at the track, where it is a controlled environment and there isn't traffic and innocent bystanders around to kill when you make a mistake. Because mistakes happen, we're all human...

+1 I've never dragged a knee on the street but that's not to say no one has ever done it without putting others at risk. I rather see a good rider going fast with his/her knee down than a n00b draggin pegs etc. at the limit of their abilities.

I've scraped my foot peg and had my boot hit the ground (at the time it freaked my s***)..... What do you guys say, does this count?

:D lean angle is the enemy! slowing down or shifting your weight a little are your only options (street).

Ill be hitting up palomar mountain on sunday, i should have my racetechs in by then, im close, its just SCARY as heck!

your posts consistantly make me nervous

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're going to "bust out the knee drag," you should consider getting better tires and better suspension. Do the R6 fork mod and grab some softer, sportier tires. You might want to check your footpegs don't scrub the ground.

--DEFYINERTIA is probably standing right behind me at this point--

I perform a deadly BACK KICK! HAH!!
I am glad that your deadly back kick didn't incapacitate Defy, as he was able to respond to your post lol.

Never got my knee down on the FZ6, I am saving it for the track. Plus 1 on frame sliders.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are getting your peg down you have Lent more than far enough to get your knee down. Body position is the key.

Nelly