Texting while riding

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And I thought it was bad enough driving a car and texting...
Guy Lays Down To Text On Motorcycle Video

This guy is just plane retarded.

I have a problem using my left thumb for the shift key but then I remembered we have a constant mesh tranny where I don't need my left hand on the clutch and can shift to upper case and 5th gear at the same time with my left foot!
It just takes a little getting used to....:spank: :rof:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have text while riding.. not very easy or safe..

Well, I wouldn't admit to that! I have done some pretty stupid stuff on a bike, but texting....that is crazy stuff! Surely whatever it was could of waited to you pulled over!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't admit to that! I have done some pretty stupid stuff on a bike, but texting....that is crazy stuff! Surely whatever it was could of waited to you pulled over!

wolf, agreed that it was really stupid and really not all that safe.. but hey, i can admit that i have done it and let a few people flame... :thumbup:..

but i had replaced my old phone w/ a blackberry storm.. and you cant use it w/ gloves on, so im all set for next season :thumbup:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I have sent a text using my GPS bluetoothed to my phone while riding. Not something I do regularly, first time was just to see if I could and second time was on the Hwy running late and let someone know I was on my way. Its easier with the GPS but still quite dangerous, you just cannot safely divert that much attention away from the road.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I have sent a text using my GPS bluetoothed to my phone while riding. Not something I do regularly, first time was just to see if I could and second time was on the Hwy running late and let someone know I was on my way. Its easier with the GPS but still quite dangerous, you just cannot safely divert that much attention away from the road.

Now there's an idea, since I use my GPS all the time on my bike... hmmm... maybe there is something to this texting while riding:spank::rolleyes:

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a RAM moun for my iphone and use it to listen to my music. i hav eon occasion responed to a text. always something short like y for yes n for no and omw for on my way. even that felt really dangerous and i wouldnt recommend it. i usually ignore is since i use my time on my bike to enjoy the ride not be bothered with life.

bergj1986

Helmet Hair
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. In the video, you can see the bike accelerate but he doesnt have a hand on the throttle. Was he twisting the throttle with his foot?

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site

:squid: :D

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you notice all the other drivers, weaving in and out of traffic, not seeming to understand what those white lines are for??? :eek:
I'm glad I don't live there!

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
And I thought it was bad enough driving a car and texting...
Guy Lays Down To Text On Motorcycle Video

This guy is just plane retarded.

While riding I talk and text on the cell phone all the time its simple just take off the helmet hold between legs on the tank:D In fact I occasionally stop at starbucks and pick up a Latte and continue doing all of the above :cheer:
I can also manage a friendly wave to a passing cager who looks stunned by my stunts every now and then and In fact I sometimes even have the time to to my make up if I am running late (what does one do with two mirrors) hmm wait that did not sound quite right lol. Lets strike out the make up part ok.:rockon::spank::ban:

Lmao ya'll I was just kidding :BLAA:

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
That video was funny as hell. I was shot in New Delhi India from what I got from the video. I do think it was staged I mean he actually did it but those were his buddies who took the video. Anyways that is India and wonders never cease. Infact I have seen up to 6 passengers riding on a 150cc two wheeled vespa type scooter, go figure lmao.