SW-Motech Barbacks + Bikemaster Daytona

rain city

Reaction score
Visit site
My dad really liked the FZ6, he's a vintage goldwing guy who is moving up to something more along the lines of a Honda ST1100 or the like. It was in his hands over a weekend, he rode a tank or two, and his only recommendation was "I'd get some risers". Well, I can't wait to find out what he thinks about THIS setup.

Ordered the black barbacks. on accident, but it was a great excuse to get some new black handlebars! I read that alot of the SV650 guys really liked the Daytona bars seen here Bikemaster Daytona Handlebar - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore So I went to my local shop and picked some up.

First of all, I will say, WOW this setup really rocks. The body position is something serious, and really aligns with my goal of "sport touring", that I am going for with this bike. The seating is very upright, and I can't complain too much yet of any buffeting or getting blown around much more than I was with the stock bars. The only problem I have yet to overcome is that the levers do touch the mirrors when cranked one direction or the other. If a person didn't have the risers though, this problem wouldn't exist. I had to unclip the brake line from it's little clamp on the fork, but it isn't going anywhere. There is also that square metal piece that the throttle cables are routed through that I had to remove, and the throttle cables are for sure close to binding (but aren't ;) ) so... it's a keeper (haha). The hands are wider, and a can sit a far enough back in the seat, if I so choose, that I can tuck myself right infront of the rise of the seat. I haven't put any bar-ends on, and it hasn't really proven much of a problem (yet) when I find some cool ones I'll pick em up though.

Overall, I am happy with the setup, and would recommend the Daytona Bars (with or without the risers) to any FZ6 rider :thumbup:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDktMjAxMDA5MTgtMTExMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDgtMjAxMDA5MTgtMTEwOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTYtMjAxMDA5MTktMTMwNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTQtMjAxMDA5MTktMTMwMy5qcGc.jpg

rain city

Reaction score
Visit site
Does that setup take the weight off of your wrists?

This setup feels incredible in terms of pressure points on ANY areas. I would say there is considerably less weight on the wrists.

Thats a sweet setup! Where did you pick up the barbacks from? I wouldn't mind picking up a set of those myself :D

TwistedThrottle.com : Handlebar riser barbacks & top clamps (BMW, Ducati, Gas-Gas, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM LC4, MZ, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha) - pair, 1" rise & 1" pullback - LEH.00.039.152 $116, a good investment seeing that it seems to be pretty fairly universal. Be careful, the color selection defaults to black ;) People are also selling them in the classified section, I've seen a couple since I've been on the site, here's one recently for $80.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/33850-sw-motech-up-back-risers.html

Since those bars look taller than stock and with the barbacks did you have to do anything to your cables so they aren't tight?

I had to unbolt the brake cable from the fork, there's a little clamp holding it to the fork. Also, there is a little square bracket that the throttle cable routes through, under the gauges. I should post a picture of it because it's kind of hard to explain. Blatantly obvious when you see it though.

Truth be told though, the cables are tight. Mainly the throttle cable, everything else is pretty good. Doesn't cause any revving when turned though, so... seems to work. The biggest pain in the ass is the levers hitting the mirror! If you want to pretend like you have this setup, turn your handlebars all the way to one side, and imagine the opposite lever touches the bottom inch of the mirror in the last 1" of pivot.

mxgolf - The price is the selling point! There are a bunch of economy bars out there! http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/search#w=bikemaster+handlebar Notice how much the "drag bar" looks like the fz1 bars?? :cheer: Pretty much any 7/8 bars will FIT your bike, and there's a LOT out there. The FZ1 bars and Rizomas have gotten alot of attention on the forum, but there's alot of good bars out there.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Really nice mate. I love mods that make the FZ6 more sport tourer and less sport-bike. I've got a similar setup only I didn't like the look of the up and back risers and just got up! :) I wanted black bars like yours but could only find dark grey. :( They match my levers now they've started fading in the sun more and more now though! :BLAA:

Jjtwo69

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys with the risers could you tell me how tall you are. I am 6'6 so the pressure on my wrist is a little more then I like and would like to do something like this. Thanks Jason

Last edited:

rain city

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys with the risers could you tell me how tall you are. I am 6'6 so the pressure on my wrist is a little more then I like and would like to do something like this. Thanks Jason

I'm 6'0. Still rocking this setup...