Superglue in lock

thieu

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to chime in Acetone ( finger nail polish remover ) will completely dissolve Cyanoacrylate (super glue) without any residue left behind, and it really easy to find and cheap! Most people already have it in their houses!

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
Just to chime in Acetone ( finger nail polish remover ) will completely dissolve Cyanoacrylate (super glue) without any residue left behind, and it really easy to find and cheap! Most people already have it in their houses!

And yet when I used it to get the glue off my hands last time it did nothing. Soap was more helpful.

A lot of people state Acetone will do the job but in my experience it is useless. Sure it may have been the brand or % content.

I was also hesitant to put Acetone on the petrol lock in case any entered the tank and thought Nitro Methane would be a better choice if this did happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitromethane

"The principal use of nitromethane is as a stabilizer for chlorinated solvents, which are used in dry cleaning, semiconductor processing, and degreasing. It is also used most effectively as a solvent or dissolving agent for acrylate monomers, such as cyanoacrylates (more commonly known as "super-glue")."