Superglue in lock

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
My oldest son decided to 'help' fix my motorcycle one early Saturday morning and poured the contents of a tube of superglue into my tank lock.

Unfortunately I did not know about this until I went to fill the tank on the way home. On reserve I doubt that I would have made the 30+kms so I called the one guy that could help....

Wolfman your a legend!

I rocked up at his place and soon Wolfman and Mikey had a plan to get fuel into the tank. Within minutes the tank was off, upside down and we were pouring fuel into the tank.

Thanks again guys I cant say that enough!

Anyway my solution to the glue.

I called a locksmith who mentioned soaking the lock and possibly drilling! Did not like the sound of that at all.

After some googling I found that Nitro Methane was superglue's enemy and Spook got me a litre of it from Model Flight on goodwood road.

After he used a teaspoon to apply it to the lock and some working it through the lock was fixed and it now opens.

I can not believe the mates I have atm I must have done something right in a previous life. :BLAA:

Yeah! You're all an awesome lot! Thanks for sharing cuz I know I'll run into this one day and need this knowledge. And you know your little one may have been directed by a larger minded universe to keep you safe. Just give em hugs! maybe some extra ice cream this weekend! :BLAA:

Man I thought my kids were trouble. Hard to be upset b/c he just wanted to help out tho. BTW looks the the "goodwood" belongs to your avatar! Ha!

Mike has hidden the superglue from me for years.

If I buy some, he finds it. He hides it :(

Don't know why :confused:

Can't have anything to do with the time I got superglue all over the freezer lid then glued my fingers together, can it?.......

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike has hidden the superglue from me for years.

If I buy some, he finds it. He hides it :(

Don't know why :confused:

Can't have anything to do with the time I got superglue all over the freezer lid then glued my fingers together, can it?.......

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rof::rof::rof:

Lesson for the day.....DONT LET YOUR KIDS NEAR THE SUPERGLUE! EVER!

:thumbup:

Back when I was in Highschool (fought dinasours on the way there) a guy I knew got to school early one morning and superglued every locked door he find!!! most of the school had to wait in the cafeteria a couple of hours while maitenence took the doors of the rooms!! it was EPIC !! :BLAA: :rockon: :D

Back when I was in Highschool (fought dinasours on the way there) a guy I knew got to school early one morning and superglued every locked door he find!!! most of the school had to wait in the cafeteria a couple of hours while maitenence took the doors of the rooms!! it was EPIC !! :BLAA: :rockon: :D

:rof: If I knew where that kid was now i'd buy him a beer :thumbup: Why didnt I think of that , our classrooms were always locked during morning tea & lunch break :D

I bet the guys name was Donny! :BLAA: :rof::rof:

Back