Sticker removal

besier

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the best way to remove the factory stickers from the bike. Will a heat gun damage the paint on the tank when removing the WARNING sticker?

Mineral spirits.....should be able to get it from your local hardware or maybe automotive store. It's fantastic stuff, I used it to remove the dealer stickers on my bike and my car a few months back. Get all of the messy glue stuff off and doesn't hurt the paint at all.

I use aircraft decal remover but thats just cause thats what I have.

I used WD-40 and a razor, but you better have a surgeons hands or you'll cut the clear coat.

I pull gently and back on itself as much as possible (bad description but same idea as painting tape or a band-aid). Then I dab at any remaining residue with the sticker itself. Usually that's enough to get everything but if not I'm also a goo gone user to clean up the rest. Incidentally I usually find it easier on a warm day.

I worked at a computer refurbisher a few years back and for sticker removal the best thing we had was called Un-Du.
un-du.jpg

You can get it on ebay if nowhere else. The bottle should have its own plastic scraper as shown, otherwise a credit card should work. It's never damaged any paint or plastic I've used it on. If it's a plastic sticker, you have to keep dripping some on the edge as you pull the sticker up, and keep using drops of it untill all the glue scrapes off. I run a paper towel over it and once it doesn;t stick, all the glue is gone!

Good god stay away from using razor blades!! Yikes!!

Heat gun or hair dyer and a credit card gets most of it off. Then use mineral spirits (paint thinner), WD40 or Goo Gone to clean off the remaining residue.

Good god stay away from using razor blades!! Yikes!!
not a preferred method but if your careful you can do it. I basically skinned the sticker then used the WD-40 to remove the remains.

and yes I was holding my breath while I did it, but no scratches!!!:Flash:

Back