Sneak peek

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought you guys might like a clip of the exhaust on my streetfighter project, straight pipe slip-ons built for $49, 20 inch piece of pipe and two stainless steel tips,you'll have to turn up the volume so it sounds like your really in the garage.:thumbup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNhNvFpk4-w"]YouTube - 07' FZ6 straight pipes[/ame]

That sounds pretty gutsy mate. It's got a similar deep throated growl to the 2 Bro's. Shouldn't have much trouble with people not hearing you coming:thumbup:...LMAO

Cheers
Mike

Nice sound clip, got a few pics of the install or from the rear. Just want to see how they look from other angles.

That sounds pretty gutsy mate. It's got a similar deep throated growl to the 2 Bro's. Shouldn't have much trouble with people not hearing you coming:thumbup:...LMAO

Cheers
Mike

Yes it does sound very much like the 2Bro's.....which would be because that's what the 2Bro's are basically, a big open pipe, with some pretty covering to make it look like it is actually deadening some noise...i say looks like...cause it dont cut out much!!!

Nice sound clip, got a few pics of the install or from the rear. Just want to see how they look from other angles.

+1 on the pics.

Very impressed, i like it!

:rockon:

this is very similar to what i am thinking of doing. I as well am interested in some pics. what did you do for a mid pipe?

Well, for now the stock mid pipe is still there,the pipes are louder than 2bros,my cousin has 2bros on his Kawi Ninja,you can't hear the 2bros when I pull up next to him, my buddy says he can hear me coming from 8 blocks away!:D I do have more pics, but there a bit older. I just uploaded some pics to photobucket,here a link to my album,feel free to judge my album.:thumbup:

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/4drfocus/

Last edited:
awesome mod, exactly what I wanted to do to mine how diffucult was the install any bending needed, love the sound would be cool if you could do a flyby video I want to hear it moving i'm sure everyone else would too

No bending, I used a piece of flex pipe, start to finish took about 6 hours, from cutting off the stock muffler to tightening hardware. it would be alot faster if you have someone help you hold the pipes while you cut & fit the pieces.Yes I also want to do a fly-by vid,looks like tomorrow will be 42 degrees, I'll try to get a video then,I got a Flip video digital camcorder for christmas that I want to try out, plus I removed the airbox and put a foam filter on each velocity stack,now it has a v-twin like growl when you get on the throttle:eek:

No bending, I used a piece of flex pipe, start to finish took about 6 hours, from cutting off the stock muffler to tightening hardware. it would be alot faster if you have someone help you hold the pipes while you cut & fit the pieces.Yes I also want to do a fly-by vid,looks like tomorrow will be 42 degrees, I'll try to get a video then,I got a Flip video digital camcorder for christmas that I want to try out, plus I removed the airbox and put a foam filter on each velocity stack,now it has a v-twin like growl when you get on the throttle:eek:

What did you do with the temp sensor from the air box? Is it just hangin' out?

Just hang'in out :spank:I may live in Kansas but I'm not a redneck:Flip:Actually I made a bracket and bolted it to a throttle body,this way the temp sensor sits nestled between two filters.:thumbup:

Just hang'in out :spank:I may live in Kansas but I'm not a redneck:Flip:Actually I made a bracket and bolted it to a throttle body,this way the temp sensor sits nestled between two filters.:thumbup:

Cool. If you get the chance put it on a dyno. I'm curious what the mid-range is like now.

A dyno is a great idea, but the closest one is 80 miles away, plus they want $100 for one pull.:eek:,forgot to mention that I can take off in 2nd gear with very little hesitation,after I removed the airbox,did it by accident last month.

Last edited:

A dyno is a great idea, but the closest one is 80 miles away, plus they want $100 for one pull.:eek:,forgot to mention that I can take off in 2nd gear with very little hesitation,after I removed the airbox,did it by accident last month.

Am liking the sound of this mod, more and more, especially the Airbox "mod", would loooooove to see a dyno readout....

:thumbup:

Back