Sneak peek

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought you guys might like a clip of the exhaust on my streetfighter project, straight pipe slip-ons built for $49, 20 inch piece of pipe and two stainless steel tips,you'll have to turn up the volume so it sounds like your really in the garage.:thumbup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNhNvFpk4-w"]YouTube - 07' FZ6 straight pipes[/ame]

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds pretty gutsy mate. It's got a similar deep throated growl to the 2 Bro's. Shouldn't have much trouble with people not hearing you coming:thumbup:...LMAO

Cheers
Mike

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice sound clip, got a few pics of the install or from the rear. Just want to see how they look from other angles.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds pretty gutsy mate. It's got a similar deep throated growl to the 2 Bro's. Shouldn't have much trouble with people not hearing you coming:thumbup:...LMAO

Cheers
Mike

Yes it does sound very much like the 2Bro's.....which would be because that's what the 2Bro's are basically, a big open pipe, with some pretty covering to make it look like it is actually deadening some noise...i say looks like...cause it dont cut out much!!!

Nice sound clip, got a few pics of the install or from the rear. Just want to see how they look from other angles.

+1 on the pics.

Very impressed, i like it!

:rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this is very similar to what i am thinking of doing. I as well am interested in some pics. what did you do for a mid pipe?

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, for now the stock mid pipe is still there,the pipes are louder than 2bros,my cousin has 2bros on his Kawi Ninja,you can't hear the 2bros when I pull up next to him, my buddy says he can hear me coming from 8 blocks away!:D I do have more pics, but there a bit older. I just uploaded some pics to photobucket,here a link to my album,feel free to judge my album.:thumbup:

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/4drfocus/

Last edited:

IceCarver

Reaction score
Visit site
awesome mod, exactly what I wanted to do to mine how diffucult was the install any bending needed, love the sound would be cool if you could do a flyby video I want to hear it moving i'm sure everyone else would too

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
No bending, I used a piece of flex pipe, start to finish took about 6 hours, from cutting off the stock muffler to tightening hardware. it would be alot faster if you have someone help you hold the pipes while you cut & fit the pieces.Yes I also want to do a fly-by vid,looks like tomorrow will be 42 degrees, I'll try to get a video then,I got a Flip video digital camcorder for christmas that I want to try out, plus I removed the airbox and put a foam filter on each velocity stack,now it has a v-twin like growl when you get on the throttle:eek:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No bending, I used a piece of flex pipe, start to finish took about 6 hours, from cutting off the stock muffler to tightening hardware. it would be alot faster if you have someone help you hold the pipes while you cut & fit the pieces.Yes I also want to do a fly-by vid,looks like tomorrow will be 42 degrees, I'll try to get a video then,I got a Flip video digital camcorder for christmas that I want to try out, plus I removed the airbox and put a foam filter on each velocity stack,now it has a v-twin like growl when you get on the throttle:eek:

What did you do with the temp sensor from the air box? Is it just hangin' out?

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Just hang'in out :spank:I may live in Kansas but I'm not a redneck:Flip:Actually I made a bracket and bolted it to a throttle body,this way the temp sensor sits nestled between two filters.:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just hang'in out :spank:I may live in Kansas but I'm not a redneck:Flip:Actually I made a bracket and bolted it to a throttle body,this way the temp sensor sits nestled between two filters.:thumbup:

Cool. If you get the chance put it on a dyno. I'm curious what the mid-range is like now.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
A dyno is a great idea, but the closest one is 80 miles away, plus they want $100 for one pull.:eek:,forgot to mention that I can take off in 2nd gear with very little hesitation,after I removed the airbox,did it by accident last month.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

A dyno is a great idea, but the closest one is 80 miles away, plus they want $100 for one pull.:eek:,forgot to mention that I can take off in 2nd gear with very little hesitation,after I removed the airbox,did it by accident last month.

Am liking the sound of this mod, more and more, especially the Airbox "mod", would loooooove to see a dyno readout....

:thumbup: