FZ6 + R6 Parts = FZR6 Street Fighter..

Fbrand619

Noob on bigboybike
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all I was not sure where to put my build thread so I'm guessing the StreetFighter part of the forum is a good place to put it since it will end up being a StreetFighter. I have always wanted an R6 but I did not like the riding position it hurt my back when I rode for 20+ miles. Found out about the FZ6 and was convinced by a friend that owned a motorcycle shop that it was a good project bike not to mention that he had 2 that were just sitting in the corner of his shop. He convinced me to purchase one of the FZ6's from him. Then I started digging around to see how I can make the bike my own & instantly fell in love with the R6 Front conversion and the rear R6 Swing arm. I know the mod has been done before to great success and I do not want to reinvent the wheel. This is will be my build Thread I will call my projcet. Project
Here is what she looks like at her new home..
First thing is first! Getting the the front R6 forks so the bike can be a full roller. I have the forks but need the right bearing races to get it on properly thanks to those that has built before me this mod was one of the easier ones to accomplish. Here is a pic of the forks I will be using.

UPDATE Oct 31 2013
So its been a while since I updated the thread but that does not mean I have not been working on the project. The main thing that I was waiting for was the All Balls racing triple tree bearings. They fit great almost makes the R6 Front end look like it was stock..

Once I mounted the front end. I needed to take the top triple tree to my personal machinist. He was able * *to mount the handle bar risers to the triple tree. It has a 3 inch stretch now. The Handle bars were a great find on ebay Renthals brand new for 35 bucks shipped.*

Another great EBAY find was the master cylinder stock R6 with a Rizoma levers(lucked out) then the left switch controls then the right.

The first front wheel I purchased on EBAY was a bust I was not told that it was not straight nor true. Man I was pissed. I just figured out that my luck with ebay was running out. It was okay though because *I took another ebay gamble and ended up with a wheel that looked damn near brand new and it was straight and true and it cost 100bucks with shipping and bearings.*

The most exciting part happened next. I was able to get the bad boy started. It sounded good. The only bad part was I have no I idea what a good sounding Fz6 motor sounds like. They are a lot louder then car motors and just sounded weird to me. All the switches are in the throttle works the clutch is kind of snagging but for the most part just need to get the chain and headlights and register the bad boy. The headlight is something I am struggling with but that's for another update.*
This is what my fat self will look like when I'm riding.

This is a poor mans build and done in a kind of chopper style parts will be purchased when the money is there. Thanks for reading will update the project as I go.:D

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you have yourself nice little project. Please be careful about removing material to clean up the frames rash as its cast and may fracture if you thin it much.

Good Luck transforming!!! :thumbup:

ballsdeep

Reaction score
Visit site
Good start ! The FZ6 is a great platform; I just did the R6 swingarm also.

for inspiration look at Jtarkany profile and look through his albums.
those pics are full of useful information.

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks awesome bro! interested to see how everything turns out the r6 fork swap is my next project I want to tackle. what year r6 are those from?

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks awesome bro! interested to see how everything turns out the r6 fork swap is my next project I want to tackle. what year r6 are those from?

All the R6 parts are from a 2000. I wanted to swap subframes but the effort wasnt worth the reward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Bud Ill make a mental note of the year. I noticed the newer gold forks on the r6s aren't the same shade as this theyre more dull/faded looking even when brand new. Keep up the good work and post some more pics!!!

Fbrand619

Noob on bigboybike
Reaction score
Visit site
Updated the build thread.... I'm looking for headlight ideas I'm looking for a single headlight that is HID but don't really want to spend to much.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good start ! The FZ6 is a great platform; I just did the R6 swingarm also.

for inspiration look at Jtarkany profile and look through his albums.
those pics are full of useful information.
On the same note, his bike is also for sale on Fleabay.....