Shorty or Longy ASVs (or Pazzo?)

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd share a pic that may help you decide if you want to go shorty or standard length on your lever purchase.

Because my last ride was a motard, I became acustomed to 2-finger clutch action. It's all I can use now, not a bad thing on the FZ6.

This is a shorty, and it's fairly easy to see that for 2-finger, it's perfect. If you're 3-finger, there's no way this will work. Your 3rd finger pulls right on the knob and you just wouldn't do it. So imo you want the standard length if you use 3 or 4 on the clutch. And note the perch is now positioned as far to the left as it can be. Hope this helps some people on the fence.

BTW, I've done 70kms with it now, absolute pearler. I'm looking for places I can change gear so I get to feel the lever :) Having the knob where it is, my fingers automatically are positioned in the sweet spot for me. No slight repositioning as I would sometimes do with the stock levers.

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one fella :thumbup:
I'm from 'motos too,so its nice to see what the shortys look like on the FZ.
Thing is, as my brakes are wearing down I've gone from 2 to 3 fingers on the brake (Guess thats telling me it's time for a change of pads though) ;)

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you running braided lines? I'm yet to order my brake lever, maybe should go standard brake side.....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the shorty Pazzo's on my FZ6, and i absolutely love them, with the braided lines, feel at the brake lever is awesome, and clutch is also much better....i use 2 finger's on the clutch, and 2 on the brake, with both levers adjusted out till nearly full travel...i like to feather the clutch, and have the brake lever nice and stiff.

Shorty lever's rock.

:rockon:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pic and information.

I'm really want the Shorty Pazzos Mainly cause they look HOT!. I currently 2 finger brake - No probs. But I 4 finger clutch - I think only because if you try to 2 or 3 finger clutch with a long lever you'll crush your remaining fingers left on the grip. This doesn't happen with the brake cause the lever doesn't go all the way to the grip.

So, how do you know??? Suck it and try, and hope for the best. Scour the used bike show rooms and test ride one with shorty's (hard to come by I would think)

Thanks anyway - I still haven't decided:confused: