Shark helmets?

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the last few months, I've been wanting to buy a new Shark RSI because my old one is getting banged up looking, but nobody in the states has them in stock anymore.

Anybody know of US dealer that has the newer models (or any for that matter)? I'm looking for the Xena or the Thetys

Shark-RSI-Xena-Motorcycle-Helmet-Red.jpg

lrgscaleShark-RSI-Thetys-Motorcycle-Helmet-Black-3.jpg

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did, you look around? Nobody has any in stock in normal sizes and none of the 2011 paint jobs. ;)

AKjitsu

Reaction score
Visit site
Things to know about the Shark RSI:

1: It fits long, narrow heads (like mine).
2: The RSI (unlike other Shark models) runs about a size large. That is, if you normally wear a medium, you should probably order the RSI in small.
3: The visor attachment mechanism is the best there is. If you have a throttle lock or can coast down a hill for a few seconds to get both hands free, you can literally change visors on the roll.
4: The shield has excellent optical qualities and is extremely scratch resistant (a big deal here in AZ where the air is full of minute granite particles).
5: The tinted shield is REAL dark. Mighty fine for AZ where we have enough sunlight to jump start a nuclear reactor but might be a bother for instrument reading in less bright climes.

Good luck.

AK

skyworm

Reaction score
Visit site
Things to know about the Shark RSI:

1: It fits long, narrow heads (like mine).
2: The RSI (unlike other Shark models) runs about a size large. That is, if you normally wear a medium, you should probably order the RSI in small.
3: The visor attachment mechanism is the best there is. If you have a throttle lock or can coast down a hill for a few seconds to get both hands free, you can literally change visors on the roll.
4: The shield has excellent optical qualities and is extremely scratch resistant (a big deal here in AZ where the air is full of minute granite particles).
5: The tinted shield is REAL dark. Mighty fine for AZ where we have enough sunlight to jump start a nuclear reactor but might be a bother for instrument reading in less bright climes.

Good luck.

AK

6: RSI Carbon is only 1000 gr

Downs:

1: Forget about noise isolation
2: Stock visor is no good.In cold weather every breath is like raining.Spend some money on slightly tined one.

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to find a replacement for the RSI I already have. :)

It's just no US dealers have new stock, it's all old odd-sized closeouts.

pretty2.jpg

Last edited:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I searched around and found a discussion about Shark. They lost their US distributor, so no new helmets in the states until they find one.