Sedici Gear

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with Sedici?

Cycle Gear has a Sedici Monza leather jacket ($250) and pants ($169), but I am not familiar with the brand. It seems to be another brand exclusive to Cycle Gear like the Bilt gear.

Thanks in advance for any input. :thumbup:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if its exclusive to cg but i got some bilt and sedici and the sedici.seems alot better quality, i got a full set of their textile gear verona? I think it is. But its very comfortable and breaths good even with the liners in. Plus its very waterproof, so far im very pleased with it.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
I think its too new to say definitely but a lot of experienced people I know have said its crap. I'd rather just stick to whats tested.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I've got SEDICI Umbria Waterproof Pants and Lorenzo Waterproof Boots. I like them both, haven't had any problems and they look like they're well built as far as stiching and reinforcements and such. Like ChevyFazer, I find these very comfortable and I too am pleased with my purchases, no complaints so far...

Edit - here are some reviews on the gear you're looking at, looks like it's pretty good stuff...

http://www.roadbikemag.com/home/cycle-gear-sedici-monza-jacket/

http://www.ridermagazine.com/2011/motorcycle-gear-reviews/sedici-monza-leathers/

http://inlineperformancemag.com/essential-stuff/sedici-monza-mototrcycle-jacket/

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sedici and Bilt are Cycle Gear house brands. They are geared to a specific price point.

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
Sedici and Bilt are Cycle Gear house brands. They are geared to a specific price point.

Do you by chance know who makes the Sedici gear for Cycle Gear? The web site for them says they have a lifetime warranty, but whenever I clicked on any of the buttons to try and get more info it automatically redirects back to the Cycle Gear website. :confused:

If it's decent gear I wouldn't mind trying it out, but if it's trash I would rather spend a little extra and get a known brand.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you by chance know who makes the Sedici gear for Cycle Gear? The web site for them says they have a lifetime warranty, but whenever I clicked on any of the buttons to try and get more info it automatically redirects back to the Cycle Gear website. :confused:

If it's decent gear I wouldn't mind trying it out, but if it's trash I would rather spend a little extra and get a known brand.

It says its made in Pakistan if that helps...but i like my gear and havnt noticed any defects, when i went to go get it it was between that or alpine stars, and for i wanted the sedici suited me better

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
It says its made in Pakistan if that helps...but i like my gear and havnt noticed any defects, when i went to go get it it was between that or alpine stars, and for i wanted the sedici suited me better

Yea, Alpinestars would be may first choice, but it's all made in different places. My Alpinestar gloves (SP-1) are made in Vietnam, Alpinestar SMX-5 boots are made in China, and the AGV suit I just sold was made in Pakistan :eek:

Truth be known, it's all probably made in the same place! :(

But I was wondering more about maybe a known brand making it for Cycle Gear...like I believe Campbell Hausfeld makes stuff for Home Depot's Husky line.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I actually worked at Cycle Gear for a while. When the Sedici brand came out, I was skeptical. However, after examining it a bit, I found that it's pretty decent quality for riding suits. Granted, it's not the best on the market, but still not bad gear for the price. It's pretty much what replaced the Frank Thomas line at Cycle Gear. My co-host, Jen, on the show has a one-piece Sedici suit. When she went down on the Track Day episode, the leathers held up just fine. In fact, it's the same suit she wears on all the sport bike episodes. Just a little scuffed up.

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually worked at Cycle Gear for a while. When the Sedici brand came out, I was skeptical. However, after examining it a bit, I found that it's pretty decent quality for riding suits. Granted, it's not the best on the market, but still not bad gear for the price. It's pretty much what replaced the Frank Thomas line at Cycle Gear. My co-host, Jen, on the show has a one-piece Sedici suit. When she went down on the Track Day episode, the leathers held up just fine. In fact, it's the same suit she wears on all the sport bike episodes. Just a little scuffed up.

Thanks for the info. I don't plan on using it for track days, just day rides in the mountains. And after going down on a cruiser a couple years ago and having the skin removed from both knees (wearing jeans at the time) I don't really care to repeat the experience. Just looking for good quality at a decent price that will hold up. :thumbup:

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
CycleGearOnline05-27-2011, 04:58 PM
If you have visited one of our stores, received a catalog or shopped Cycle Gear in the last few months, there's no doubt that you've seen the new brands we're carrying. We wanted to take the time to introduce them and answer any questions you might have, so here is some info about the new BiLT (http://www.cyclegear.com/events/lp_bilt_racing.cfm?esrc=vs) and Sedici (http://www.cyclegear.com/events/lp_sedici.cfm?esrc=vs) lines:

Cycle Gear is now carrying two new, exclusive brands: BiLT and Sedici. BiLT used to be an off-road brand, but re-tooled and now makes street gear (though a new collection of off-road gear is on the way). BiLT quality is on par with Frank Thomas gear (which was always better than the price would lead you to believe) and is built to be good, solid gear for the general riding populace. Sedici is on par with Joe Rocket and Teknic and is a more "race-oriented" line.

One reason that Cycle Gear is proud to carry these brands is that both are covered by guarantees that you don't get from other brands. There are very few motorcycle gear manufacturers offering a 5-Year Guarantee on manufacturing/materials (BiLT (http://www.cyclegear.com/events/lp_bilt_racing.cfm?esrc=vs)) and we don't know of any offering a Lifetime Guarantee on manufacturing/materials (Sedici (http://www.cyclegear.com/events/lp_sedici.cfm?esrc=vs)). We do know that the products are less expensive because CG helped the two lines go factory-direct, so instead of everyone in the supply chain (factory > brand > distributor > retailer) marking up to get their cut, it's marked up much less.

Give us a call (1-800-CYCLEGEAR/292-5343) to ask your questions and then try the gear for yourself. If for whatever reason you don't like it, take it back to Cycle Gear based on the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee (http://www.cyclegear.com/nohassle_info.cfm?esrc=vs), the BiLT 5-Year Guarantee or the Sedici Lifetime Guarantee. If you do like it, well, you've gotten some good gear for a great price - what we like to call a "solid value".

Well, there ya go...Cycle Gear's explanation of the two brands.

oregonative56

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought the Sedici Monza gear this summer, and am really happy with it so far. The fit and comfort are great. The only downside is that the perforated leather vents too well on chilly mornings, and the inner liner is a vest only, so I need to wear an extra layer to be comfortable. Hopefully I'll never have to post a review of its crash worthiness.

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought the Sedici Monza gear this summer, and am really happy with it so far. The fit and comfort are great. The only downside is that the perforated leather vents too well on chilly mornings, and the inner liner is a vest only, so I need to wear an extra layer to be comfortable. Hopefully I'll never have to post a review of its crash worthiness.

Thanks for the info. Would you agree with Cycle Gear claiming that it's on the same level as Joe Rocket gear?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a joe rocket alter ego riding suit and i would actually say the sedici seems to be of better quality, fit and finish. Its based at the same price point but i would say imo its actually fit.and.finish is based toward the next price point up

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site

If you are wondering for warranty purposes you can just take it back to Cycle Gear and exchange it. They deal with the manufacturer/distributor for warranty issues.

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a joe rocket alter ego riding suit and i would actually say the sedici seems to be of better quality, fit and finish. Its based at the same price point but i would say imo its actually fit.and.finish is based toward the next price point up

Thanks for the info. :thumbup: