Scorpion Exhaust Instuctions

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion Exhaust Instructions

I have just come into possession of the oval style scorpion slip-on exhaust in the stainless steel, but the person that I bought them from did not have the instructions.

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions that they can scan, copy, fax....anything?

Last edited:

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You could probably go to Scorpion's home webpage and get instructions there. I'm at work or I would search em out.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried, but I was not able to find them. I even contacted someone their, and this was their response:

Hi Robert
I have tried to forward the instruction but it will not send due the size of the file.

So, if someone has them, I sure would appreciate getting a copy. Thanks.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the exhaust Friday night, and could not wait to put it on, so after the kids went to bed, I went to the garage. About 1 1/2 hours later, all done.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good work..those are the worlds shineyest set of zorsts ive ever seen..they need to come with a warning :)

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
did you have any problems with the clamps striping, and did you check for leaks?

No I did not have any issues with the clamps. I cannot hear a leak, but on the right side of the bike (brake side) I can feel a little air from where the can attaches to the "Y" pipe. I think I am going to go back and slide that clamp up a bit. When I was tightening it, i guess it slipped down a little, and does not cover the cuts in the pipe for expansion.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn those things look good! Nice job. VERY shiny! :D I love the bands that you use to mount them. They're nicer than the ones you get on the new ones.

Did your pipes all fit together nicely? My Y-pipe doesn't fit perfectly onto the stock cat pipe jobbie.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn those things look good! Nice job. VERY shiny! :D I love the bands that you use to mount them. They're nicer than the ones you get on the new ones.

Did your pipes all fit together nicely? My Y-pipe doesn't fit perfectly onto the stock cat pipe jobbie.

Thanks Sanger:thumbup:, those bands are the one's that came with them. Do you have the new style?

As far as the pipes fitting together, no not really. They fit ok, but I will still need to do some tweaking. My Y-pipe, fit on the stock cat pipe just fine. I figured that is where I would have my problems, but that was not an issue at all. However, I have not got them exactlly right yet I do not think, so the y-pipe could be my problem after all.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Sanger:thumbup:, those bands are the one's that came with them. Do you have the new style?

As far as the pipes fitting together, no not really. They fit ok, but I will still need to do some tweaking. My Y-pipe, fit on the stock cat pipe just fine. I figured that is where I would have my problems, but that was not an issue at all. However, I have not got them exactlly right yet I do not think, so the y-pipe could be my problem after all.
Yeah I've got the newer style. There's details of them here. I found that the Scorpion Y-pipe fitted fine to the scorpion exhausts but not too great to the Yamaha cat pipe. I've bought some stuff I mention on the thread to use to fix that next time I take them off.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I've got the newer style. There's details of them here. I found that the Scorpion Y-pipe fitted fine to the scorpion exhausts but not too great to the Yamaha cat pipe. I've bought some stuff I mention on the thread to use to fix that next time I take them off.

What does the Holts Firegum do? Is it like a gasket sealer or JB weld or something? If you put the Firegum on, will you be able to take the exhaust off if you ever wanted to? I can feel some air at the joint of the right or brake side and at the cat connection of the Y-pipe. I thought about just moving the clamps up to the start of the flairing of the Y-pipe and can to try to stop the leak.