recomendations for brakes

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im thinking its time toreplace the brake lines on my 05. hel looks like a god brand.. any recommendations on where to buy??? :thumbup:

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I am interested to see what people have to say here too, because I am going to be needing new brakes on my '05 soon.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HEL, Spiegler, and Fren Tubo are all very nice.

For rotors I like the EBC XC Rotors and EBC HH pads.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I went with Galfer stainless lines(with black pvc coating) and EBC HH pads, along with my R6 calipers.

It'll do stoppies pretty easily, but after a few years I think it's time to flush the fluid(still great though).

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went for HEL lines, feel is much better, lighter and stops much better,
stuck with the original config, over the front guard.
back is still in need of another bleed, talking to thye mech tonight.
(for the aussies, in the words of Hal Todd and old enough to maybe remember wtf he was) looks good, feels good, is good

I bought them via the australian distributor, they made them up an inch longer from the master cyl, on the front so I have some slack if I decide to put on the 1' back and 1' up bar risers

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My pick is HEL. I'll get round to it one day :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

I was very happy with my whole HEL experience, from ordering to installation. Just a solid company and product.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok.. I think I'm sold on HEL lines... Im going to find the place to call and see about some lines tomorrow... unless someone wants to direct me to a halfway decent place to purchase.... :thumbup:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok.. I think I'm sold on HEL lines... Im going to find the place to call and see about some lines tomorrow... unless someone wants to direct me to a halfway decent place to purchase.... :thumbup:

I believe I ordered mine from eBay (helperformance).

Saved like $15 bucks at the time. Not a big deal, but it was the companies own account.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should spend 200 euro's on HEL brake lines because I have ABS. Will it still have enough effect to be worth the price?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should spend 200 euro's on HEL brake lines because I have ABS. Will it still have enough effect to be worth the price?

surprised it costs that much

not sure if you can get away with just changing the front hoses, or if they are all linked together. it definitely improves feel

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
I cant comment on using HEL lines on ABS, but I've got them on the '04 and they work well. Stopped every time... (so far...:eek:)
Seriously - I've had no problems with them. They work exactly as they are supposed to, and are a nice upgrade on stock.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bought a set of front and rear HEL lines and a set of speed bleeders.... now all i need is pads and time to install....

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I decided to buy them. Do you guys have any idea what the diameter of the plastic tube should be for the bleeder nipple? I'm not interested in buying a vacuum pump for 40 euro's :)

You were right about the price btw. I got my price from a UK store but a local dealer made me a good deal. He got me the brake fluid and front lines (2 seperate) for 80 euro's.

DeusEx

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say that I am very pleased with the HEL brake lines. I chose the racing configuration (2 separate lines, one for each caliper). Together with fresh fluid and brand new EBC HH brake pads, I felt a huge difference... Lesser effort is needed to get the stopping power I need (I use 2 fingers), and it has much more initial bite. I don't regret the 120e for the brake lines...

PS: @Bryan-
I also bleed the brakes myself, and thought that the vacuum pump is too expensive. I don't remember the diameter of the tube, but I made a bleeding kit myself, its pretty easy. I used an empty plastic 500ml water-bottle, punched a hole on the cap, put a clear tube in it and duct-taped it together to avoid any leaks.
Just put the other and of the tube to the bleeding nipple, -tight fit- and you are ready to bleed your brakes, easy, and without any leakage.

Last edited: