Rear wheel removal

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I am trying to get my rear wheel off. I have followed the instructions in the manual, but the axle will not come out. I have tried hitting it with a lump hammer, but it will not budge. Does anyone know what im doing wrong?
Thanks

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
Nevermind. It finally came off. Looks like whoever had it off last, didnt grease the axle.:spank:
Cheers

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You've got the big nut off... Is the the chain loose? You should get the chain off so there is no tension on the the axle. Make sure you have the small axle adjuster nuts off (see attached pdf ). if you have the 07 or later FZ6 the swingarm will be different than pictured. You should be able to move the entire wheel and axle forward and back. After this, you should be able the get the axle out but if you have to tap it out to start it moving, put the nut back on the end so that you don't damage the threads on the end of the axle. Once you have it started you can remove the nut and should be able to pull the axle out. Note how the Brake caliper assembly rides in the groove in the swingarm. After this is dis-assembled and you have the rear brake caliper hanging be sure no one hits the rear brake pedal. Note which brake pad is in the caliper, so that you return them to the same side of the rotor as they where. After you have your axle out, you'll see all the nook and crannies that never get attention.

Go ahead! Enjoy your labor of love. Some kerosene or WD-40 on a rag and your in heaven! :rof:
Hope this helps!

Edit: Forgot the picture, sorry

Last edited: