R6 Fork mod, with ABS

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys & Girls
Just just finished installing the r6 forks onto my 06 FZ6 with ABS.
The only difference between the standard setup and the ABS setup, was the spacers needed.
I got the Fender kit, and spacers from Dako81. Excellent piece of kit, and he is a top bloke. When I worked out that I needed a different spacer for the right side, He sent me one in the post, without me asking! :thumbup:
The ABS bikes have the sensor housing on the right side, instead of a wheel spacer, so all I needed to do was shim for the extra width.
On the original forks, there is a little tab that sticks out on that side. When fitting the front wheel, the abs housing has a slot for the tab to locate in. I was worried that without this, the housing would spin, but I asked the mechanic at the local dealership, and he assured me that it was only there to keep it in the right place until the axle was tightened up.
I fitted the abs sensor onto the housing first, and the wire seemed to keep it where it needed to be.
Tightened everything up to spec, and took it out for a long test ride.
I raised the forks up 8mm, and it feels great. I highly recommend it.:rockon:
I was going to try and put up pictures, but there's plenty of them on here by now, and I didn't take that many anyway.

Hi Guys & Girls
Just just finished installing the r6 forks onto my 06 FZ6 with ABS.
The only difference between the standard setup and the ABS setup, was the spacers needed.
I got the Fender kit, and spacers from Dako81. Excellent piece of kit, and he is a top bloke. When I worked out that I needed a different spacer for the right side, He sent me one in the post, without me asking! :thumbup:
The ABS bikes have the sensor housing on the right side, instead of a wheel spacer, so all I needed to do was shim for the extra width.
On the original forks, there is a little tab that sticks out on that side. When fitting the front wheel, the abs housing has a slot for the tab to locate in. I was worried that without this, the housing would spin, but I asked the mechanic at the local dealership, and he assured me that it was only there to keep it in the right place until the axle was tightened up.
I fitted the abs sensor onto the housing first, and the wire seemed to keep it where it needed to be.
Tightened everything up to spec, and took it out for a long test ride.
I raised the forks up 8mm, and it feels great. I highly recommend it.:rockon:
I was going to try and put up pictures, but there's plenty of them on here by now, and I didn't take that many anyway.
I don't think there are any pics with the abs. You may be the first to do it, idk.

You can see the tab that helps to locate the abs sensor housing.

This is the ABS housing. The slot is where the tab fits.

I turned the housing so that it is roughly where it would be held.

Next I attached the ABS sensor. This held it in the right place, so that I could tighten the axle bolt. Once Tightened, it will not turn.
That's all there is to it. I initially thought I would have to make some sort of arm/bracket to come off the caliper mounts, and somehow slot into the housing. Im glad it wasn't needed, because I don't have to equipment to make one, and asking around, most places couldn't be bothered with such a small job.

Back