R6 caliper questions

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I am seriously looking at ordering the parts to do the r6fork mod now for when I get home. I am also looking at putting the r6 calipers on at the same time. Please anybody correct me if my understanding is wrong. I can put the 03-04 r6 06-08 rs6 forks straight into my triple. I will need the r6 axle with tire spacers. The calipers should also be plug and play on the forks with the FZ tire and rotor. Will I be able to use the FZ master cylinder or will I have to change to the r6? If I go with the r6 front fender I won't need to worry about spacers and such for my fender? Is there anything else that I need to know, any advice somebody could give, or parts I will need to make this happen?

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is what you need
R6 forks
Matching fender or fender brackets for your fender
+5mm spacers or shims
Calipers from r6 07 up fz6 with spacers will also work
Your master cylinder and lines will work

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay for some reason the link to the r6 fork mod does not work. Does any body know if the spacers that come with the axle for the r6 will work on our bike or will I need to find the 5mm ones somewhere else, and if so where?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI; If using stock R6 fender you need to change your tire size for the fender to work. FZ6 = 70/120 R6 = 60/120 IIRC

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I used a spacer kit from dako81 on here. Came with everything needed except the forks, front axle, and calipers. It included fender spacers so you don't have to mess with tire sizes or buying an R6 fender. The stock lines do work, but they don't fit very well because of the change in caliper design... the fitting is moved, and rotated 90 degrees between the 2 styles.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used a spacer kit from dako81 on here. Came with everything needed except the forks, front axle, and calipers. It included fender spacers so you don't have to mess with tire sizes or buying an R6 fender. The stock lines do work, but they don't fit very well because of the change in caliper design... the fitting is moved, and rotated 90 degrees between the 2 styles.

Good info for the others - - ! ! !

Same for me, dako81 Get another thanks!