Open Exhaust

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMtbxKR9Gc0]YouTube - 2007 yamaha fz6 open exhaust[/ame]

This sounds really mean. I searched the forum for anyone who has done this, and came up with only one short thread. I would love it if anyone could give me any more info and/or opinions...

-Is it even legal?
-How easy would it be? Doesn't seem too difficult, but I'm not that experienced in chopping up parts
-Does it really sound good, or is it just annoying?

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing to my 07 fizzer it sounds great but it was a big mistake to do. The problem i had was the heat coming from the mid pipe wound up melting the throttle side side panel. I had to find a new panel, i couldn't believe how much damage it did, so be careful and watch what happens. I have the scorpion C/F oval slip-ons and love the way they sounded, so I looked at the stock mid-pipe and seen how much resistance there was and i looked and found the mid-pipe. When i ordered the panel i went looking on E-bay and found a ARROW MID-PIPE and i thought that the scorpions sounded good, well the mid-pipe made a big difference. It sounds so good and i could feel the air flowing faster and the bike riding quicker. So IMOP, if you do any type of slip-ons DEFINITELY spend the $70-90 on it and you would regret it.