Only using one exhaust pipe?

jockejon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Just bought my used(07) FZ6-N S2 yesterday and have a question regarding the exhaust pipe.

It has GPR slipon mounted and it seems that the right exhaust pipe get really warm while the left one keeps cold. Is this *by design" on the FZ6?

Hi everyone.

Just bought my used(07) FZ6-N S2 yesterday and have a question regarding the exhaust pipe.

It has GPR slipon mounted and it seems that the right exhaust pipe get really warm while the left one keeps cold. Is this *by design" on the FZ6?

You'll find that there is a 'h' piece that connects the cans to the actual exhaust pipe.

As such, the straight through section will flow more exhaust than the bent section.

Thusly, one will heat up quicker.

The best way to tell is hold your hand over the one that heats up quicker - this will then use the other side.

If it doesn't, you have a blockage.

Cheers,
Rick

Hi everyone.

Post up some pictures if you can, GPR may not be as widely used as other brands.
On the standard exhaust there isn't really any difference in the heat exchange on either side. Although the right side of the seat gets warmer as the pipe is routed there.

Nelly

Thanks for the replys. I tested and there is flow in both cans, but more on the right one as stated by mave2911 so i guess this is by design :D

Back