No Brass No Ammo

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you looking for some? I posted back in November that I had some for sale - and is still for sale.

Here was my post:

Any reloarders out there? I have some used brass for sale - 300 Winchester Mag - 170 in total (Federal Premium). $40 OBO and they are yours!

Also have a bunch of 30-0-6.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry - I just re-read your post and you specified .223. We have lots of that but are reloading it right now...

Disregard - unless you reload other calibers.

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
It's good someone has some to load. One of the most popular round out there and no brass is so sad. The economy is bad because fools that manage these stores will not order the product. I don't get it.

I will not believe that a manufacture refuses to supply the product if ordered. My thought is... if there is no stock, people must be buying it so it needs to be re-ordered and a larger qty. kept on hand.

Next time I'll ordering about a 1000 gross. I have bolt action only so it should last awhile.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
.223 ammo is in high demand right now. Civilians are hoarding it like there's no tomorrow, the military is shooting thousands of rounds per day in Iraq/ Afghanistan, and most law enforcement agencies are employing AR-15 rifles for patrol use.

My department has been having difficulty just obtaining enough ammo to train with and issue with each rifle.

.223 ammo availability (or lack thereof) is the reason why I don't own one. It's much easier to get my hands on Military surplus .308 ammo, or even the 5.7x28 FN round.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying not to threadjack.

I would like to get started reloading some 9mm and maybe 357mag. I don't need to be able to load thousands of rounds, just save some $$ and pass the time during the winter. I just don't know what I need to get started. The simpler, the better.

Would someone be so kind to educate me?

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying not to threadjack.

I would like to get started reloading some 9mm and maybe 357mag. I don't need to be able to load thousands of rounds, just save some $$ and pass the time during the winter. I just don't know what I need to get started. The simpler, the better.

Would someone be so kind to educate me?

I am not a reloading pro - I do 410 shells and my hubby does .223. My reloading is a lot different than his. He has all RCBS equipment - and really likes it. You might want to visit the RCBS website for tips and demos - they have a whole video log about how to reload - would be a good start for you.