New member welcome thread..

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello there

Paul here. I recently bought my 3rd Fazer having had a 2000 FZS carbed version, a 2005 FZ6 model, and now a 2008 S2.

In between I've had a CBF 1000 and a Ducati ST2 but always missed the Fazers.

Really enjoying the forum so far!

Welcome Paul, or Welcome BACK! :cheer:

Evening everyone. Currently ride a Ninja 250, but I'm looking for my next bike. Joined the forum to get more info on the FZ6 since it's one of the bikes I'm considering. Looking forward to learning a ton, whether I end up with the FZ or not.

Welcome Ferreus! :cheer:

kozionych

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks,

My name is Kirill, such a strange name belongs to Russian guy, who lives in Washington DC metro area, particularly in Arlington, VA. The friend of mine is a motorcycle fan and he involved me into this world as well.

As a first motorcycle ever, I bought used FZ6 2008 turned into "street fighter" about three weeks ago. Well... To be honest, better he never touched the bike :spank:. So I'm in process in getting things back.

This is all the story. Cheers!

fate

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

greetings from good old germany :D

got my licence since June and of cause got myself a nice 2008 FZ6 s2 with 11.000 km. Sadly only the slightly slower silver edition. :eek:
I wanted a blue one but this one was really well maintained so I got it. :)

Managed to ride only 2000miles this year. :( But this is so much fun!

But did not once managed to test vmax on the autobahn. Will try next year. :Flash:

Last edited:

Mayoisthedevil

Reaction score
Visit site
New member but long-time lurker here from AZ. I've had my FZ6 for about 1.5 years now, and I use it every day.

A few shameless pics of my bike:

Me riding to Jerome, AZ a few weeks ago.
3FODLeGl.jpg

Riding around ASU East/Williams Gateway Airport
DZ4pDTJl.jpg

Making a quick beer run.
d8nyexCl.jpg

Current pic of the bike and my mods:
  • Gold powdercoating on wheels and control levers
  • Gold coremoto SS brake lines
  • Givi 201 saddlebags
  • Puig touring windscreen
  • Motodynamics rear tail light with LED turn signals (factory signals removed)
  • Custom fender eliminator
  • Front flush mount LED turn signals
  • Corbin seat (from another forum member)

i9hfQEHl.jpg

chengon

Reaction score
Visit site
Joined a little while ago, when my wife was looking to buy an '05 to add to our stable. I just don't think she really appreciated the 1983 CB1000c that I completely rebuilt for her. She still kept on riding her ET4 too much. I pretty much demanded that she get something newer than the CB, so she would ride more. She got a pretty good deal on the '05, and so far I have put a new chain and sprockets, and have to reverse all of the "fixes" that the PO did. I am just glad she listedned, and went for a FI bike!

ricecows

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm 26 and from Denmark, and I just got my FZ6 yesterday, woohoo! It's my first bike (been riding SFV650 and ER-6N for my license and on track), and I'm so excited to go riding.

Unfortunately the season is ending here in Denmark soon, so I decided to save some money on taxes and insurance and are waiting to get the bike registered until next year.

So excited!

nuud

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. Im a South Florida Rider, and proud owner of my second Fz6 in the FASTEST black. glad to be here. So much information to learn!

mxhideout

Poser
Reaction score
motocrosshideout.com
First post to introduce myself, although I'm more of a lurker than poster. I grew up riding dirt bikes, but every year I seem to ride more and more on the street. Been through a number of bikes, but my current street bikes are DL650, YZ450F, and now a project FZ6 that I'm converting to naked since it was damaged by a previous owner. My old man has an '04 FZ6, so I had some foreknowledge of the bike. Too bad they don't make them anymore, but the new FJ's look really nice.

When I got it:

warthogcrewchief

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all!

I just purchased a 2005 Yamaha FZ6 and a 2001 Kawasaki KZ1000P in a two for one deal. The FZ6 needs a lot of love, but it runs... which is a good start (no pun intended).

My last project was a complete frame off restoration of a 1972 Honda CB350. That engine was seized, but with a lot of TLC, I was able to bring it back from the dead.

I reside in the Phoenix metro area. I'll be looking for a lot of parts for both bikes!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A big down under welcome !
Youv'e found your way into the best forum for the FZ6 on the web
Congrats on joining us and getting your hands on a mighty fine bike

Insanity_rules

Utter Nutter
Reaction score
Visit site
Evening all, my names Mark and today I just bought a nice tidy 36,000km 2004 FZ6N in silver and black, and has a nice set of staintune pipes. My wife made the comment that it sounds like a hive of wasps screwing a moving formula one car.

I take delivery on Wednesday as it needs a new warrant of fitness and a service, can't wait to get out on it. It's garage mate is a 2000 Ducati 900ss ie so I think I've got a good spread of toys in my toy box now.

Anyway cheers for the great forum, already used some of the articles to inspect my new purchase.

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
purchased an '09 FZ6-N a few months ago now and whenever I would google for information, this website would come up so thought I might as well join as it seems like quite a good site.
Purchased the FZ with 14k km on the clock, currently sitting at 17k, have loved every bit of it.
My bike before this and first bike was a 1988 Honda Spada VT250 which was an excellent first bike and is largely the reason I decided to go for the naked version of the FZ.
Purchased the FZ with an Ohlins rear shock installed and Leo Vince exhausts, love the sound of these and the Ohlins does feel quite nice (haven't experienced the standard one so can't really compare).
Over the past week I have also installed some shorty levers from the2wheels and just installed an integrated tail-light from Motodynamic. Plenty of plans for the bike to come.
My dad also rides a 1999 Suzuki TL1000R (widowmaker) which I have yet to ride but should be interesting to feel the V-Twin again once I do.

Here's a picture of the old Spada next to the new FZ:
k1td7s.jpg