Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:New members to the best forum! Blah

Ade! I had to lookup 'antipode'!!! lol!

loban

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Together

I've lurked around the Forum a few Times, but never got to introduce myself.

I bough my FZ6 S2 half a year ago and ironically the reason I ended up here was the well know "fan-got-stuck" problem.

I hope to have a good time here.

Greezz nd Cheers from Switzerland
Loban

Raghallaigh

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings! After months of lurking this site prior to buying my FZ6, I finally decided to register. The information on this forum has helped me immensely beginning with the decision to purchase my 2007 FZ6 in February. Since the purchase, I have used the information in this forum to help me make decisions regarding wind screens, exhausts, FE kits, and maintenance. So, THANK YOU! I am pleased with my bike choice and even more so with the support and community following.

I live in San Antonio, Texas. The FZ6 is my second bike, although it is my first modern bike. I also have a 1975 Honda CB550 that will be torn down and rebuilt this year. Here is a pic of my baby and I on the "Angel's Backbone", Texas State Highway 337. It is one of the three renowned "Twisted Sisters". It is a trek from San Antonio, but well worth the ride with 20+ miles of twisties.

fragov

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm glad I found forum like this!
I'm Patrick and I'm from Poland. Got my black FZ6N s2 from March - it's my first bike - and drove about 6k km.
Photo attached!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm glad I found forum like this!
I'm Patrick and I'm from Poland. Got my black FZ6N s2 from March - it's my first bike - and drove about 6k km.
Photo attached!
Hi Patrick welcome from Melbourne Australia, I hope you enjoy being part of our FZ6 community, its good to have you aboard.

You have started well, we like to see your bike and we like you to post about your ides and to ask questions, and if you think you have advice to offer as well, we like to hear opinions and the benefit of other riders knowledge:welcome::aus:

Last edited:

tomouley

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. I bought a beautiful stock 2009 FZ6 with 600 miles on it in early May of this year. I found this site and have been a member ever since. A big thanks to all of you for the great write ups and how too's. I have the bike ripped apart and in the process of R6S fork swap, dual headlight mod, pod lights, HEL brakelines SDC back off LED license plate, Michelin PR4's, rim tape, eastern beaver fuse panel, all fluids replaced, Givi v35 hard cases, SWmotech top rack for Givi E55 top case. I have a 2011 Honda NT 700VA as well but the FZ6 is a lot more fun to ride. I am going to the sell the Honda because I choose the Yamaha all the time hands down. I am outfitting the FZ6 for touring. This is one versatile little bike. So I am happy to be member of this great community. I live in upstate NY outside of Albany in Cobleskill, NY. Any members up this way?

nsiderbam

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!

Bought my first bike about a month ago, an '06 GS500F with about 400 miles. I've put almost 1000 miles on since then and knew after the first week that I wanted something with a bit more go juice.

I sold my car two days ago (getting married and we don't need two) and then bought an '09 FZ6 with 650 miles with part of the proceeds -- the rest is going to grad school!

Man, I absolutely love it! The GS500 feels absolutely tame compared to this. Since it's still in the break-in period I've only brought it over 7-8k rpms a few times, and I'm anxiously awaiting the first time when I can really open her up and get toward the red line!

Anyway, I live in Annapolis and would love to ride/learn to work on my bike with anyone in the area.

cBqF6fG.jpg

P. Fisher

Reaction score
Visit site
New guy here from the midwest, specifically the state of Iowa. I've been riding for about 3 years now and just got my 2004 FZ6 3 weeks ago.

I rode a '73 Honda CL350 for the years prior and needless to say the FZ6 is a completely different machine.

10446267_10203815470322458_2720278841120850469_o.jpg

10427278_10203729668257460_7584586022566489482_n.jpg

Project84

14,000 RPM really?!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, John or "Skeet" as my friends call me stepping into about my 9th forum.... lol

Little background -

Been riding 4 or 5 years now.

First was an '01 Ninja 250 got me started. I almost clobbered my mailbox on day 1. Had never been on a bike, even a dirt bike. Put 8k on that wicked machine the first year, learning all the wrong stuff, like downshifting 2 gears mid turn to keep up w/ my friends on their bigger bikes... and riding in 25*F to prove some point about being a "true motorcyclist" - learned ice on the inside of your visor is a major problem! Sold this and....

Test rode an FZ6 I was gonna buy for my second bike and realized 14,000 RPM was too much, and that high speed ZING wasn't safe for my 2nd bike. Was gonna get an SV650 instead, but two of my friends already owned them, so I didn't wanna be like them...

Then I sat on about 20 bikes, finally deciding on my '08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. I love the look. Ergo's are great while on the kickstand, just don't try riding it more than 150 miles. Wanted a "safe" bike for a logical 2nd step, put about 6k on it in 3 years now. Doesn't get ridden much. Somewhat realized even though I'm in love w/ the style of the bike, the riding and the "scene" you become part of while on a cruiser just isn't for me. Rode the Vulcan a year and then...

Keeping with my "safe" idea and avoiding anything with 4 cylinders (sport bikes) I bought my '01 KTM Duke 2. 'Effing rare as anything. Expensive as hell to maintain/fix. Ended up wiping out on it twice now... so much for "it's only got 50hp, it's safe!" Wheelies galore, stairs, sidewalks, etc. I love the bike but she's gonna get me killed. Plus it's ALWAYS something with this thing. Amazing commuter bike though, nothing beats that big torque thump!

Sooooo I wanted something that would hopefully inspire me to sell off the Vulcan and the KTM and be less maintenance, extremely rewarding as a daily commuter, tour-worthy, cheap to maintain, etc.

Ended up going back to an FZ6. I picked this '04 up 2 days ago. Only put about 70 miles on it so far. Enjoying it, but missing the torque!!

firstday.jpg

I'll have to find and post some pics of my other bikes!

Anyway - I'm an extreme DIY and refuse to allow anyone to work on my stuff. I'm signing up to learn about throttle body sync, valve adjustments, gearing recommendations, etc.

FZDave

Reaction score
Visit site
picture.php

Hey Every One!

Please bear with me, This is my first active forum experience and I'm working on getting the lay of the land, but I have been a "lurker" here for years! Because of all your collective hard work, ideas, creativity and wisdom, not only did you help me buy my first FZ, you helped me set it up to be an awesome all around ride.

Thank you!

I have been riding on the dirt or street on and off for about 46 years. In 1968 I took my first ride on my neighbors Honda Z50, crashed into a barbed wire fence,tore my brand new coat (boy was my Mom pissed) and have never looked back or regretted a single mile since. I even did a stint in the 80's as a Sales Manager for a Motorcycle Salvage yard! Talk about one of the best jobs anyone will ever have if they ride... Any way that was a long time ago.

My last ten years of riding has pretty much kept me on the west side of the US, I've done the Mexico to Canada thing twice (different routes down and back each time of course) and covered a ton of National Parks Yosemite, Glacier, Zion, Rocky Mountain, to name a few and all the state hwy's I could get to in between.

My last and best living and riding location was Western Montana. From there I covered Eastern Washington, Northern and South Central Idaho. I never rode Yellowstone if you can believe that, so close and yet so far. The FZ 600 was the PERFECT choice for this type of riding for an aging gent such as myself. I now find that I am back in the dessert for work and that the mountains have spoiled me...really. Sorry, I'm rambling.

Groucho Marx once said "I refuse to join any club that will have me as a member." Well Groucho never rode motorcycles now did he.

I want to thank Vegasrider for making me feel right at home pretty much the first instance after I received my 600riders.com access. He has me working on my first "on-board power" thread that I hope you will enjoy!

FZDave.

picture.php

Last edited:

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
New guy here from the midwest, specifically the state of Iowa. I've been riding for about 3 years now and just got my 2004 FZ6 3 weeks ago.

I rode a '73 Honda CL350 for the years prior and needless to say the FZ6 is a completely different machine.

10446267_10203815470322458_2720278841120850469_o.jpg

10427278_10203729668257460_7584586022566489482_n.jpg
I started on a 1994 Honda Magna myself, yes, huge difference! I don't think I will ever go back to a cruiser, this is way too much fun!

P. Fisher

Reaction score
Visit site
I started on a 1994 Honda Magna myself, yes, huge difference! I don't think I will ever go back to a cruiser, this is way too much fun!

Still love the ease of use of the 350 though. Both are easily flickable bikes. I didn't want to lose the playfulness of the bike when upgrading. That being said, the FZ6 was the perfect choice.

Jaymann

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. New member here from Vancouver island BC Canada.
Picked up a 2005 FZ6 this year and found this forum while searching for info.
Looks like there is a wealth of knowledge here and I could use some!

Jaymann

csaenemy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Brit biker here. Been riding my FZ for just over a year and loving every minute on the bike. Wife has recently started riding pillion with me and loves it as much as I do.