New member welcome thread..

Jaaytwo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone!

My names Jason I live on the gulf coast. I have had my fz6 2005 for a year and some change. I have been on two wheels, since I could walk mostly dirt bikes, I have a honda 450 four stroke that I still play in the dirt on. Oh recently beat the fault code 19 hooray that was one bad mofo

Thanks to this site I might add :)

JMalmsteen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. I'm Jen. I currently ride a Harley Sportster XL1200 and I'm looking to get into sport bikes, but ones with a neutral seating position. I am an ex-entertainment lawyer and currently teach math and physics in NY. I spend as much time as possible in PA when I'm not working. The FZ6 was recommended to me before getting an FZ-09

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. I'm Jen. I currently ride a Harley Sportster XL1200 and I'm looking to get into sport bikes, but ones with a neutral seating position. I am an ex-entertainment lawyer and currently teach math and physics in NY. I spend as much time as possible in PA when I'm not working. The FZ6 was recommended to me before getting an FZ-09

Hey Jen! Welcome to the forums! My wife use to have an 883. Biggest piece of junk we have owned next to her Buell Blast. You will love the FZ6! Lower maintenance costs, better mpg, more comfortable riding position, more-better usable power on the street, better looking, etc. etc.

JMalmsteen

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh boy...

For those not familiar with Sportsters, I think the bike is amazing. The bike is solid and is a "real" bike compared to my shadow. It's just not for me.

xyy81t

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm a new biker and member from North Oxfordshire, UK.

I've had my FZ6 for a week, its my first bike after passing my test in January. I use it everyday for comuting and today have been able to go for a proper blast as the weather has improved. I have experience of this and one other bike (the 2012 XJ6 i learnt on) and so far i am loving the FZ6 its amazing and today was a really great day for it, love the feeling and the Biker nod.

Look forward to some more sunny days!

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, my name is Dillon! I reside In Waterford, MI. About 40 miles north of Detroit. about 13k miles under my belt and going on my 4th riding season. I ride a 96 Yzf600r(dual headlight model)

I'm about 98% sure I want to pick up an Fz6 this spring. Just hoped to get some insight from everyone on here! :D

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: Welcome to the Forum! There is ample information available and some very knowledgeable folks who are always willing to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

garmie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks-

New member here from Vancouver, WA. My name is Ryan. I just bought my first bike ever: 2006 FZ6 in red with 7600 miles. I can't wait to get some miles on it!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from down under garmie
Take it easy starting out.... wear the right gear- all the time!
And give consideration to a riding course- they are well worth it
The fz is mellow under 8k and surprising over 8k don't be in hurry to let the beast loose

Enjoy the ride....... And we'd all like some pics please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now it would appear to work beautifully thx TT and Dennis

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
New Orleans

Hello,
Just picked up a 2007 FZ6 yesterday! Have been wanting one and finally got one :cheer: Only 5400 miles but of course there is rain all day today :( All stock which I like. I'm tired of fixing things that other peoples hands have been on.
View attachment 52369

Knuman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! My name is Caleb and i've joined for the community and the hope of getting some feedback for my bike.
I'm currently riding a 2008 Fz6, in a nice shiny black colour. She's not my first bike, but she's the best so far. I picked her up with 3,000 miles put on, and a few scratches and a dent from the previous owner. Can't wait to get it back to its prime. :thumbup:

jaideepkochhar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, My name is Jaideep and am the proud owner of a 2006 fazer FZ6S - has done only 6000k and is pretty much in mint condition - the last owner had an accident and the bike was a 'economic repairable write-off' basically saying it was gonna cost more to fix the bike than to payout the guy - but has been properly repaired and passed by Vicroads here - so heres putting my trust in them!
I learnt on a single cylinder royal enfield (350cc) in India so this is a completely different beast and a new jungle (australia) but am very pleased with the responsiveness of the bike and ride quality.
Cant wait to put more miles on it and share the experiences!

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Evening all, been lurking on here since december, thought it was about time to join in. The name's Kevin, I live in Crickhowell, (Old) South Wales, and decided I am finally old enough (40) to not instantly kill myself on a bike (I've fallen off most other things)

Bought the fz6 end of december (after some sound advice, and a LOT of reading this forum), then went about the business of getting my licence - which I finished 3 weeks ago. No other bike experience to compare the fz to, but I am deeply loving it, the whole Jekyll/ Hyde thing works perfectly for me, even if I am mostly still in "Driving Miss Daisy" mode :)

Anyway, here's a pic, see you on the boards

pnero01

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All! Peter here from Phoenix, AZ. Had been looking at bikes for the last six months and finally settled on the FZ 6 after riding my buddy's a few months ago. Just picked up a blue 2008 FZ6 with 18k miles on it a few days ago. Already put nearly 200 miles on it and it runs great! (I'll try to get pictures up)

Glad to see such a thriving user community and can't wait to pile on the miles!

Last edited:

Brandon

Fastest FZ6 on my street!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought myself a 2007 FZ6 with 8000 miles on her last week! This is my very first bike and have been just cruising laps around the neighborhood and parking lots util I take the MSF course next weekend! Looking forward to learn TONS about my new beauty! :D