Need washing machine help!

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Fisher & Paykel AquaSmart washer (model WL26CW2) that just started doing something weird. We recently had a power dropout (power off for a second or two) while the machine was doing a cycle. Now when it finishes a cycle, it just starts the cycle again. The place I bought it from is now out of business, and there is no other local F&P service center. I called F&P (nice people by the way) and said they will try and find a person to come out. So, is there anyone here who is familiar with these machines? Or that possibly has access to a service manual? I think it is just a setting that needs to be changed, only I have no idea how to access the modes on the AquaSmart machines. Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

I also posted this on a few appliance forums, but since the F&P brand is still newer in the USA, and we have Australia and New Zealand members here, I figured it could not hurt.

W

wrightme43

Never heard of them man, but have you tried a two hour unplug and then repower?

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You might try calling Big Sandy Superstores, they are based in northern KY and southern OH. I worked there for a year and they definetly bought and sold F&P. They have their own repair center at the distribution wharehouse so I guarantee they have somebody down there who could help you out

Franklin Furnace Warehouse - Big Sandy Superstore
8375 Gallia Pike
Franklin Furnace, OH 45694
Phone: (740) 574-2113

Basically all I can promise is that they sell them and they do repair them.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you checked the pump?
They have a very simple pump and mine was blocked once and I pulled the pump out cleaned it and good as new.They hide the manual under the control panel on some models I found this video about how to go into diag mode and shows where the manual is,hope this helps.
[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JfJ1ZD4CVVc&feature=PlayList&p=166B202E7480D5FF&index=0"]YouTube - Fisher & Paykel Diverter Valve Fix, part 1: Analysis[/ame]

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you checked the pump?
They have a very simple pump and mine was blocked once and I pulled the pump out cleaned it and good as new.They hide the manual under the control panel on some models I found this video about how to go into diag mode and shows where the manual is,hope this helps.
YouTube - Fisher & Paykel Diverter Valve Fix, part 1: Analysis

Hey thanks, I completely forgot there was a manual under the control panel! It ended up just being in "restart" mode. Everything seems back to normal!

I love this machine, there is almost nothing to it, incredibly simple design. It also cleans well and is energy star certified.

Thanks again!!!